PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have Flor tiles?

crl
11-13-2012, 01:02 AM
Dh thinks these would be great as a living room rug. I like the concept and they have lots of colors and patterns. I had been looking at Albert and Dash indoor outdoor rugs, which are slightly cheaper than the Flor tile I picked to price out. I know the Albert and Dash rugs can be bleached and hosed down outside, etc if they get stained/dirty. And I know you can buy a few extra Flor tiles to use for replacements. I wonder if they fade though? So they might not really match up? Both seem like reasonable options.

Anyone have experience with either of these? Or have a different option to suggest? (I was also thinking Ikea, but colors can be pretty limited.)

Thanks!
Catherine

amandabea
11-13-2012, 01:28 AM
Dh thinks these would be great as a living room rug. I like the concept and they have lots of colors and patterns. I had been looking at Albert and Dash indoor outdoor rugs, which are slightly cheaper than the Flor tile I picked to price out. I know the Albert and Dash rugs can be bleached and hosed down outside, etc if they get stained/dirty. And I know you can buy a few extra Flor tiles to use for replacements. I wonder if they fade though? So they might not really match up? Both seem like reasonable options.

Anyone have experience with either of these? Or have a different option to suggest? (I was also thinking Ikea, but colors can be pretty limited.)

Thanks!
Catherine

We have lots of Flor tiles and I love them! We have them in the dining room (4 tiles x 5 tiles), office/play area (3x4), kitchen (3x4), bar area (1.5x5), and entryway (1x2). So far, they seem easy enough to clean and I haven't noticed any fading issues.

We also have a 9' x 9' area rug in the living room, which I also love and would not replace with Flor tiles just because I like the design, colors, size, etc. It came from overstock.com.

pomegranate
11-13-2012, 01:36 AM
Are you putting these rugs over hardwood floors? I have some Flor tiles, but they are used under DS' play table. We like them fine for that purpose, but they are really thin. We've had them for about 5 years and they are right next to a sunny set of glass doors. No substantial fading as far as I can tell. We also have an Albert & Dash rug, but one of the wool ones. I love that rug! If you're looking for easy to clean rugs, I think Pottery Barn has some indoor/outdoor rugs like the Albert & Dash ones. Ballard Designs sometimes has some too. I got one for my kitchen a couple of years ago but don't currently see my pattern on their website.

crl
11-13-2012, 01:39 AM
Yes, these are to go on a hardwood floor and would be for a living room.

Thanks!
Catherine