PDA

View Full Version : Help - Hawk in my back yard (gross)

doberbrat
11-13-2012, 10:10 AM
A hawk caught something in my yard and has been having breakfast for at least the last hour. I want it to finish up so I have less 'cleanup' to deal w/but my dogs need to go out.

I dont know if I should just let them out to scare it off, go out and scare it off myself or ??? Of course its raining so the thought of taking everyone out for a walk in the rain is not my preference.

DH is in the hospital so its just me to deal with this and I dont generally deal w/ dead things.

Clarity
11-13-2012, 10:12 AM
Go open the back door and see if he'll fly off with his meal. That usually works around here. If not, I'd walk towards him a bit, make some noise. That might help.

wellyes
11-13-2012, 10:13 AM
The hawk will be afraid of you.

Momit
11-13-2012, 10:14 AM
I think I would just let the dog out the front door and leave the hawk alone to finish its meal. Our dog would probably devour what's left of the carcass and be sick for 2 days. Or she would roll in it...

crl
11-13-2012, 10:15 AM
I think I would just let the dog out the front door and leave the hawk alone to finish its meal. Our dog would probably devour what's left of the carcass and be sick for 2 days. Or she would roll in it...

:yeahthat:

Catherine

mytwosons
11-13-2012, 10:22 AM
We have a hawk visit a few times per year and he never leaves anything behind for us to clean up. I would let the dogs out the front door so as not to disturb the hawk's meal.