PDA

View Full Version : Don't you hate it when...

Twoboos
11-13-2012, 11:17 AM
You find a bunch of good coupons AFTER they expire??

I just threw away:

5% off purchase at target
10% off pottery barn
$100 off from the furniture store where we bought our couch
And others I can't even remember.

I had put them somewhere "safe." :duh:

On the bright side, I found a half dozen BBB coupons.

gatorsmom
11-13-2012, 11:21 AM
Ugh! $100 off that couch would have been really nice!

I do this all the time too. I just hate when tht happens!

hellokitty
11-13-2012, 11:40 AM
Yes. I am notorious for digging out an expired coupon that I totally forgot about while standing at the counter. I hate it when that happens.

Twoboos
11-13-2012, 11:43 AM
And just found a 15% off $50 from TRU... Ugh!

liz
11-13-2012, 01:49 PM
yup, happens to me all the time too!

misshollygolightly
11-14-2012, 12:01 AM
Ugh! I did that TODAY! And I still haven't forgiven myself for $30 in Kohl's Cash I let expire this summer after we bought our vacuum cleaner. I think I'll feel sick about it for the rest of my life. Ugh.

Globetrotter
11-14-2012, 12:39 AM
i forgot to use TWO color me mine groupons :(

justlearning
11-14-2012, 12:46 AM
Before dumping them, you may want to see if you can still use the coupons. In the case of groupons, you lose the promotional value on the expiration date but usually have a couple of years to still use the amount of money that you paid for them.

In the case of places like Chick-Fil-A and Bed Bath and Beyond, they ALWAYS take expired coupons. Most places don't take expired coupons, but it doesn't hurt to ask if they'd be willing to do so (especially if it's just a day or two after the expiration).

glbb35
11-14-2012, 10:59 AM
yep, I was cleaning out my purse and found $20 in "bucks" from CVS that expired just the day before. I actually shed a tear. That was $20! I usually put them in a special place in my wallet but guess I got super busy and just forgot and instead shoved them into my purse therefore loosing them.

I'm feeling for you. Just yesterday I saw on my cork board that we have free tickets to the local zoo that expire Dec 31 and 1/2 price paid for tickets to a jumping place for the little kids that I bought forever ago that expire soon too. I now have them front and center and am putting the dates to go on the calendar before life intervenes again and I forget to use those!

B

DS 03, 06, twins 09, 7/11

gatorsmom
11-14-2012, 03:29 PM
Ugh! I did that TODAY! And I still haven't forgiven myself for $30 in Kohl's Cash I let expire this summer after we bought our vacuum cleaner. I think I'll feel sick about it for the rest of my life. Ugh.

I can beat that. I bought my kids' their 2013 summer clothes (and a few other things) at the end of this summer and bought everything off the clearance racks with an additional 15% off. And thank goodness for that because on top of that I got Kohl's cash. Nearly $100 of it. I then proceeded to mix up the dates I could use it. If I hadn't saved so much money on their summer clothes, I would have really cried about that Kohl's cash. I consoled myself thinking there wasn't anything I could think of that I needed that $100 for anyway (and the rest of the summer clearance racks were really picked over at that point).

mom2beofboy/girltwins
11-15-2012, 01:03 AM
A customer service person at Kohl's told me that they accept expired kohl's cash because they accept expired coupons. It worked for me that day. I was soooo mad that in the past year Ive thrown away at least $50 other dollars of expired kohl's cash.

Target doesn't do expired coupons but they will take them after the fact. I took the 5% off coupon in after making a $200+ purchase there the previous week and they gave me the 5% back in cash.

HTH

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

DrSally
11-15-2012, 01:57 AM
Oh, I hate that when it happens. Target and Kohls will take them after the fact w/ receipt.

DrSally
11-15-2012, 01:59 AM
For those with Kohl's cash, try it! They will take it if it's a few days expired!

Corie
11-15-2012, 05:42 PM
I usually find them in my back pocket on the way home from the
store.

mjs64
11-15-2012, 05:49 PM
Before dumping them, you may want to see if you can still use the coupons. In the case of groupons, you lose the promotional value on the expiration date but usually have a couple of years to still use the amount of money that you paid for them.

In the case of places like Chick-Fil-A and Bed Bath and Beyond, they ALWAYS take expired coupons.

I've found the for Bed bath and Beyond, this varies by store/manager. I've had them rejected a few times.

I hate this too OP. have consider a coupon wallet for my purse but don't like any I've seen.