PDA

View Full Version : Early Fall birthdays / frequent moving

PMJ
11-13-2012, 03:22 PM
If your child has an early Fall birthday (Sept / Oct / part of Nov even), AND you move around a lot, how do you throw a birthday party for DC and invite their friends?

( Move around a lot I mean - you moved in the summer to a new area and are starting a new school where DC will attend. You are new to the school, so obviously DC does not know any kids).

This sounds like a silly worry, but I felt this this year for DD and feel horrible that we were not able to (I chose not to) throw a friend birthday for her. And I'm sure later on in the year, we will be invited to kids' birthdays and I wonder if DD will feel sad and wonder, "hmm, my mom did not give me one".

eta -- We have a small family and are reasonably close to we did have a small, casual birthday cake/dinner for her, but that was it.

What would you do?

thanks

KpbS
11-13-2012, 03:29 PM
Your daughter is very young and many families don't have friend parties until the children are older. Even then, lots of families celebrate with "just family" parties and some have friend parties every other year. The important thing is that you celebrated her and her birthday and she knows she is special and loved. Don't feel bad a bit!