PDA

View Full Version : s/o Wifi at home... If you have a wifi only tablet or phone...

Tammy
11-13-2012, 05:45 PM
Do you find yourself in a situation where you wish you had the option for cellular (3G, 4G, whatever else it's called :bag)? So from another thread, sounds like many recommended a wireless repeater to help extend my wireless coverage in our house. Just wondering if there were other circumstances that led you to want or purchase a tablet/phone that had the cellular option?

codex57
11-13-2012, 05:46 PM
Not at home, no. If the wifi signal is good, I feel no need for a cellular connection.

Outside of the home, well, my iPhone is good enough.

gamma
11-13-2012, 05:54 PM
Yes, so thankful to have the ability to connect to cellular during Hurricane Sandy and the 2 week power outage. I also sign up for a month at a time if I travel.

BillK
11-13-2012, 08:30 PM
WiFi only IPad 2 x2 and Nexus 7 tabs here. Since both our Galaxy Nexus phones on VZW can wirelessly tether we're happy. We can even tether at our mountain house. So no need for tablets with anything but WiFi for us.

karstmama
11-14-2012, 02:18 PM
it would be nice to have cellular on the ipad for car travel, but not enough to pay for it.

twowhat?
11-14-2012, 02:34 PM
WiFi only IPad 2 x2 and Nexus 7 tabs here. Since both our Galaxy Nexus phones on VZW can wirelessly tether we're happy. We can even tether at our mountain house. So no need for tablets with anything but WiFi for us.

Same here, EXACTLY (ipad, Nexus 7 tablets, Galaxy nexus phones, rooted to allow tethering). But without the mountain house.

BabyBearsMom
11-14-2012, 02:34 PM
Not at home, no. If the wifi signal is good, I feel no need for a cellular connection.

Outside of the home, well, my iPhone is good enough.

:yeahthat: I use my iPhone to connect to the internet when I'm not home. We mostly use our iPads around the house and it isn't a big deal when we are travelling (which is rare).