PDA

View Full Version : Invitations--how far out do you send them?

tlw
11-13-2012, 11:29 PM
I'm hosting a holiday party for the mom's in my son's class (whom I don't know well--that is the point of the party!) I did this last year when he was in K, and it was a great way to meet the moms of all the new friends. I'm also inviting other friends as well.

The party is on Thursday, Dec. 6 and am sending paper invitations. Normally, I would send them 3 weeks in advance, but that would mean this Thursday. I'm sending them via the bookbag and am concerned that the invitation will get misplaced with school getting out for the Thanksgiving holiday (they're out all next week).

Should I:

1) send them via the bookbag this Thursday;

2) send them via the bookbag on Monday, Nov. 26 (that's just a 9 day notice)

3) mail them (am concerned that some moms might not figure out who the invitation is from if it arrives in the mail)

4) other suggestions?

SnuggleBuggles
11-13-2012, 11:39 PM
I'd send it out ASAP bc this is a busy season and you want to get your date out early. Backpack mail or an email invite is good.

BabbyO
11-13-2012, 11:42 PM
I'd send them out asap. I like to do a month for my invites...and that is to family. I find people are booked further and further out these days.

LMPC
11-13-2012, 11:46 PM
Yeah, I was going to say at least a month out. I would go ahead and get them in the backpacks ASAP.