PDA

View Full Version : Are these baby product reviews fake?

viba424
11-14-2012, 12:04 AM
I saw this cute line of organic baby bath products on Amazon called "My True Nature". The reviews were glowing and the price was great. I ordered the cheap travel set, and loved the scent so much I ordered the larger set, still a great deal. Was hoping to use them when DS arrives.

I looked back and realized none of the reviews on any of their products were Amazon verified purchases. I also saw these same reviews on Drugstore.com and AbeMarket.com. Most were from San Francisco and written last summer.

I have every reason to love this stuff - its ingredients, made in USA, smells great, but I am disturbed by these seemingly astro-turf reviews, which to me are as good as fakes. Amazon said I could return for that reason. Would that bother you? I am just so suspicious now, and besides its not sealed so who knows how old it is. What do you think?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002Z5F30A/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00

Snow mom
11-14-2012, 12:12 AM
One of those reviewers has only reviewed that product, one has reviewed a few products from the line, and one has reviewed misc baby stuff in a more genuine way. What are you concerned about? That the product in the bottle is different than what you think? Maybe look into the company itself more. There are certainly sham review businesses but using one might indicate that a company is struggling to build up positive momentum in an already crowded market rather than something wrong with the product.

rin
11-14-2012, 12:14 AM
Yeah, I'd imagine they're fake. Seems like the reviewers only have on review apiece, not very detailed reviews at that, all left at roughly the same time . . .

viba424
11-14-2012, 12:27 AM
Maybe its not "concern" I have, but rather the feeling I bought something based on bogus or spammed reviews that were used to boost sales. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth, you know. I looked seriously everywhere and even bloggers who reviewed this brand all got them for free about the same time.

Maybe its a great company trying to make it, but I think a company should earn reviews, not have all their family and friends leave reviews, if thats the case here.

amldaley
11-14-2012, 09:28 AM
I know what you mean. Whether the product rocks or not, it leaves me with a hinky feeling if ther reviews are fake b/c it says something re: the company. The only thing is that sometimes new, small companies have to do something to get sales going and supplement a small marketing budget. I'd leave a legitimate review to help them out if you really love the stuff!!!