PDA

View Full Version : Guess what I just bought at Trader Joes?

maybeebaby08
11-14-2012, 01:08 PM
Crack! Also known as Chocolate covered Peppermint JoJos and Salted Caramels! I haven't seen a post yet that they were in stock so thought I'd post. I would have never known about any of these holiday treats with the BBB!

The Salted Caramels are in little mini 4 pack this year for $1.99 instead of a bigger box.

mommylamb
11-14-2012, 01:10 PM
They're here!!.... I mean, damn it...

Twoboos
11-14-2012, 01:11 PM
They're here!!.... I mean, damn it...

:yeahthat: Seriously!!

cvanbrunt
11-14-2012, 02:01 PM
Crack! Also known as Chocolate covered Peppermint JoJos and Salted Caramels! I haven't seen a post yet that they were in stock so thought I'd post. I would have never known about any of these holiday treats with the BBB!

The Salted Caramels are in little mini 4 pack this year for $1.99 instead of a bigger box.

What the h3ll? I'm in Boston and was at TJs yesterday and saw no such deliciousness. Which one?

maybeebaby08
11-14-2012, 02:46 PM
Danvers, the SA said they just got them last night.

WatchingThemGrow
11-14-2012, 02:48 PM
I scoured ours on Friday, just looking. My kids overdosed on Football shaped Oreos for breakfast when we were at the beach this weekend. Surely that will keep them away from the peppermint joe-joes when they make it into our house.

AnnieW625
11-14-2012, 03:04 PM
Not a huge fan of them. I like the ones I make with regular mint Oreos better. Saves me bunches of money.

The salted caramels are okay, but not on my usual TJ's shopping list either.

DrSally
11-14-2012, 03:05 PM
do they have the multi/variety pack of Jo Jo's like last year?

kaharris83
11-14-2012, 03:07 PM
do they have the multi/variety pack of Jo Jo's like last year?

The small box of chocolate covered variety ones? If so, yes they did have those at mine.

tlw
11-14-2012, 03:12 PM
Yes, the exotic multi-pack was in my TJs today!

DrSally
11-14-2012, 03:18 PM
Yes, the exotic multi-pack was in my TJs today!

yipee! I waited too long last year. I think they make nice little token gifts. But, I wonder if they'd be good until Xmas?

ett
11-14-2012, 04:11 PM
Just got 3 boxes of the chocolate covered Jojos and a box of the dark chocolate stars today!

♥ms.pacman♥
11-14-2012, 04:14 PM
ooh the JoeJoes sound good but i'm doing GF so i can't..

though anybody else try the dark chocolate & sea salt covered almonds? Those are to.die.for. The container we bought was gone in 24 hours after i brought it home. I didn't buy them again bc i didn't want to gain another few lbs (LOL). they are seriously addictive.

cuca_
11-14-2012, 04:15 PM
I got two boxes today too! I had the multipack in my hands but put it back. Too many TJs calories between the JoJos and the delicious sipping hot cocoa that Elektra recommended!!

lcarlson90
11-14-2012, 04:19 PM
I am doing my happy dance...heading to TJ's after work.

s7714
11-14-2012, 04:38 PM
yipee! I waited too long last year. I think they make nice little token gifts. But, I wonder if they'd be good until Xmas?

Yes, they'll be fine. I had a box or two around until about March last year and they were fine even that much later.

Fairy
11-14-2012, 04:54 PM
Damn you.

Mermanaid
11-14-2012, 05:32 PM
FYI to those of you in North Texas ... the TJs in Plano does not yet have the chocolate covered peppermint Jo Jos. They did have the regular peppermint ones though.

They did not know when the chocolate covered ones would come in.

jerigirl
11-14-2012, 06:37 PM
FYI to those of you in North Texas ... the TJs in Plano does not yet have the chocolate covered peppermint Jo Jos. They did have the regular peppermint ones though.

They did not know when the chocolate covered ones would come in.

Thank you for this! I actually prefer the reg candy cane ones. I was there yesterday and didn't see them but I didn't look very hard. I guess I will have to go back!

kara97210
11-14-2012, 06:42 PM
though anybody else try the dark chocolate & sea salt covered almonds? Those are to.die.for. The container we bought was gone in 24 hours after i brought it home. I didn't buy them again bc i didn't want to gain another few lbs (LOL). they are seriously addictive.

I am like a reverse pez dispenser with those. I can't have them in the house because I will just eat one after another until they are gone.

mackmama
11-14-2012, 06:46 PM
Re-routing to TJ's today for grocery shopping... Yippee!

maybeebaby08
11-14-2012, 07:16 PM
They didn't have the Gingerbread house today, do those come in later? Did anyone else see them? They had the advent calendars surprised no houses.

Mermanaid
11-14-2012, 07:38 PM
Thank you for this! I actually prefer the reg candy cane ones. I was there yesterday and didn't see them but I didn't look very hard. I guess I will have to go back!

They told me they are going out this weekend. But I asked nicely and they went to the back and picked up a box for me. :)

jerigirl
11-16-2012, 12:41 PM
I just went to the Plano TJ's. I had to ask for the JJ's and she went to the back to get them. As she was giving them to me, she was stopped by another SA who told her they weren't supposed to give them out. But they went and asked someone else and was given the OK to do it. Yippee! My cashier said they got to sample the chocolate covered ones the other day. So those should be available soon!

gatorsmom
11-16-2012, 02:17 PM
Not a huge fan of them. I like the ones I make with regular mint Oreos better. Saves me bunches of .

Do you have a recipe? We live hours away from a TJ.

bcafe
11-16-2012, 03:36 PM
Do you have a recipe? We live hours away from a TJ.

Rochester now has a TJ's if you ever head that way for a bit of tax-free clothes shopping. ;)

wellyes
11-16-2012, 03:55 PM
I just bought my first box of the chocolate covered peppermint jo jos (darn you BBB). They'er good. But they're no salted caramels. THOSE I can never ever ever buy again unless I"m willing to eat the whole box right as soon as I get home, because that is what happens.

gatorsmom
11-16-2012, 09:16 PM
Rochester now has a TJ's if you ever head that way for a bit of tax-free clothes shopping. ;)

Really? I had no idea! Although, if it's the only TJ's in the city, those darn Rochesterans (sp) will probably buy them all before I get there!

brgnmom
11-16-2012, 09:21 PM
omg, these all sound yummy & I wish I didn't click on this thread. ;) It looks like I'll "need" to make a trip to TJs soon. I haven't been there in a few weeks, and some of these treats sound like something my DC's teachers would like.

gobadgers
11-16-2012, 10:06 PM
though anybody else try the dark chocolate & sea salt covered almonds?

The almonds are dangerously good! So I gave them to all the teachers last year :)

AJP
11-16-2012, 10:24 PM
I bought my (first :bag: ) 4 boxes at the newington, NH store yesterday. I should have just grabbed the additional 4 I really wanted since they were the last ones on the shelf! I have them safely hidden under some stuff in the pantry!

Snow mom
11-16-2012, 10:41 PM
I'm headed to CA on Wednesday and my mom has already picked up JoJos for me. She's so sweet--I didn't even have to ask.