PDA

View Full Version : Who would I hire to cut marble slab into vanity?

essnce629
11-14-2012, 03:08 PM
So this week I decided to start a low budget bathroom renovation on the boys' bathroom. There's a single sink vanity in the bathroom and it has an outdated white tile counter top with a small blue tile trim. I wasn't going to worry about replacing it right now since it's not that big of a deal, but then I remembered that we have a large (~6' x 3') slab of carrera marble sitting in our garage. It was left by the previous owners who must of had it leftover from when they used it around the master jacuzzi bath. I was thinking it may not be too expensive to hire someone to come out and cut it to fit the existing vanity and add a new sink.

Does anyone know who I would hire to do this? And anyone have any idea on the cost?

PunkyBoo
11-14-2012, 03:42 PM
I'd probably call a cabinet maker and ask for their advice. They may have someone who can come out and do it. I've used a company in Norwalk before - I can PM you their info if you'd like.

3isEnough
11-14-2012, 11:34 PM
You need a fabricator. Google for granite installers in your area (aka fabricators) or you can call a local slab yard and ask for recommendations for fabricators. There are a lot of slab yards in your area, or you can try Bourget Bros in SM.

WatchingThemGrow
11-15-2012, 12:09 AM
Is that the kind of marble that gets weird when wet?

theriviera
11-15-2012, 12:53 AM
You need a fabricator. Google for granite installers in your area (aka fabricators) or you can call a local slab yard and ask for recommendations for fabricators.

:yeahthat: