PDA

View Full Version : Family photos ideas thread!

twowhat?
11-14-2012, 05:38 PM
I am pretty excited - just booked a session for the JC Penney family portraits promo going on now...hoping to get a good casual family pic that will work for holiday cards (and then they will earn some business because I'd have to buy the full-res digital copy).

This studio allows pets! So we are bringing literally the whole family! (This is why I am excited - plus it will be our first family portrait session ever).

Hit me up with ideas for poses in-studio! We can bring props. The only idea I have so far is to bring our big Radio Flyer wagon and put the kids and dogs in it (or - I can fit in there with both kids with my legs hanging out and then have DH pulling and dragging dogs or something like that).

Other ideas appreciated:) I want something fun and not stiff. No photos of everyone just sitting on a couch.

oneplustwo
11-14-2012, 10:33 PM
Not sure if this would work in a studio or even be of interest to you, but I'm planning to take the following series of pics to use for our holiday card:

Pic 1: DD holding a sign that says "6th grader"
Pics 2 and 3: each DS holding a sign that says "3rd grader"
Pic 4: all three kids wrapped up in a 30' leash with our new puppy sitting or standing innocently next to them, so that it looks like the puppy tied the kids up in knots, and with a sign by the puppy or the kids holding that says "AKC Star Puppy Grad" since our puppy just passed her first training class.

Are you going to use the photo for holiday cards at all? I love all the cards on Pinterest that have kids/adults/animals draped with lit strings of holiday lights.

ETA: Duh, just saw that you ARE hoping to use the photo for holiday cards. Pinterest has lots of neat ideas beyond the holiday lights I mentioned.

twowhat?
11-14-2012, 10:46 PM
Oooh I like the string of lights idea! The whole family tied up in a string of lights by the dogs:)

lalasmama
11-14-2012, 11:45 PM
Now I want a dog just for the picture of him wrapping up dd in a leash, lol!

Other ideas-
All decked out with winter gear and a sled
Family pyramid/dog pile
From above, everyone laying with their heads together

I love a picture of my feet with DD's that we did 2 years ago. Kind of the last days of cute "little" sweet feet before stinky kid feet start :) but I know not everyone would like that one. (I have a similar one of me, dd, sis, and neice's tootsies at the beach, and its my favorite.)

Edited because the dream-dog above was using a leach instead of a leash :)

OKKiddo
11-14-2012, 11:53 PM
I am pretty excited - just booked a session for the JC Penney family portraits promo going on now...hoping to get a good casual family pic that will work for holiday cards (and then they will earn some business because I'd have to buy the full-res digital copy).

This studio allows pets! So we are bringing literally the whole family! (This is why I am excited - plus it will be our first family portrait session ever).

Hit me up with ideas for poses in-studio! We can bring props. The only idea I have so far is to bring our big Radio Flyer wagon and put the kids and dogs in it (or - I can fit in there with both kids with my legs hanging out and then have DH pulling and dragging dogs or something like that).

Other ideas appreciated:) I want something fun and not stiff. No photos of everyone just sitting on a couch.

NAK. Since it's for Christmas cards how about twinkly lights on the dogs harnesses (dogs in Reindeer ears and *maybe* a red nose?) leading to the wagon and you guys sitting in the sleigh (again, *maybe* Santa and Elf hats on)?

♥ms.pacman♥
11-15-2012, 01:54 AM
Saw this on pinterest. I am loving these, though no way we're going to get around to doing anything this creative this year.

http://thecraftedsparrow.blogspot.com/2011/09/top-10-family-picture-poses-ideas.html

in the first one, you can get those letters at Jo-Anns.