PDA

View Full Version : Small update in op- Send him to school or keep him home?

gatorsmom
11-15-2012, 08:37 AM
Well, I kept him home. He was dressed and ready to go but then he sat on the sofa and said, "I just need to rest a second.". That is totally unlike him so I asked him if he still wanted to go to school and he said no, he doestn feel good. That is really not like him. So I'm keeping him home.

---------------------------------
Greenbean turned 5 yesterday. He really wants to go to school and share his treat. However, he is very congested and has laryngitis. He hasn't had a fever for 48 hours and was playing well last night. I kept him home yesterday and I can tell he is on the mend. But with the congestion and the fact that no one can understand him makes me me want to keep him home to rest one more day. Wwyd?

Btw, he's not sneezing, nose isn't running, not a lot of coughing and it isn't croupy. Just in the way he speaks and his occasional deep, mucousy cough, you can hear his congestion.

WitMom
11-15-2012, 09:05 AM
Provided he feels okay, I would send him. I'm assuming it's preschool (based on his age)....is it half day? If it is, then I'd feel even more comfortable with the decision to send him.

hillview
11-15-2012, 09:12 AM
Does he seem sick (listless, lazy?)? Unless he seems sick, I'd send him.

gatorsmom
11-15-2012, 09:15 AM
Provided he feels okay, I would send him. I'm assuming it's preschool (based on his age)....is it half day? If it is, then I'd feel even more comfortable with the decision to send him.

Its just 3 hours of preschool this morning. So far he seems ok. Not his usual feisty self, though.

alexsmommy
11-15-2012, 09:16 AM
Not his bday = let him stay home to rest

His bday = let him go to school

He doesn't sound contagious but sounds like he could use one more day of recovery, but it is really fun to go to school on your bday. I'd let him go.

WatchingThemGrow
11-15-2012, 09:21 AM
Tough call. Teachers might appreciate a subdued Greenbean, lol. Although, DS1 turned 5 on Saturday, and he was acting overly fiesty yesterday, in an "I've lost my mind" kind of way. I sent him to preschool since he had no fever, no signs of being sick, and during DS2's speech therapy, the teachers came running for me. He was puking.

Since then, he's been vertical only to pee and throw up 2 more times, maybe once more for a piece of toast. On the upside, I got A LOT of work done by bringing a TV into my room and having a netflix free-for-all for 2 lazy boys.

sarahsthreads
11-15-2012, 09:55 AM
I'd let him go to school today if he wants to go. He meets all the school criteria, and it's only a few hours. I'd also make sure he knows that he has the option of bringing his treat to share tomorrow (or whenever his next school day is) if he'd rather celebrate his birthday when he feels more like himself.

Sarah :)

WatchingThemGrow
11-15-2012, 10:54 AM
aww. well, enjoy having him with you today! Happy belated bday to him! Maybe a special bday treat is in order!

hillview
11-15-2012, 11:01 AM
I think that is a good call -- hope he feels better

gatorsmom
11-15-2012, 11:19 AM
Tough call. Teachers might appreciate a subdued Greenbean, lol. .

Lol. So true. :)

I hope your little guy feels better too. It's hard seeing them so sick.