PDA

View Full Version : childrensplace underwear vs gymboree are they similar in quality

momto3kids
11-15-2012, 02:27 PM
Hello,
My girls recieved some gymboree underware last xmas from a family member. they have held up so well and I love the feel. I was wondering what other brands other than hanna anderson are similar in quality and reasonably priced. i was looking at childrens place but they feel like they wont hold up as well. what do you think?

mommylamb
11-15-2012, 02:36 PM
No experience with TCP, but I like Gap undies better than Gymbo.

MSWR0319
11-15-2012, 02:41 PM
DS has some from both places and they have both held up well. We got them around the same time and neither have holes in them, elastic problems,etc. the waist band on the Gymboree ones seems a little stretched out but I'm not sure why because DS is slim and for the longest time they were big around the waist. The TCP underwear do seem maybe a but thinner but overall are just fine. I paid $6 for three at TCP last weekend so I won't buy from Gymbo unless they are on sale.

AnnieW625
11-15-2012, 02:53 PM
We have TCP, Hanna, and Hanes Premium unders. The TCP unders are really nice for the price, but DD1 slightly prefers the Hanes Premium to the TCP and she likes the Hanes ones equal to the Hanna unders. I actually like the fit of the Hanes ones better than the Hanna hipsters (no gaping crotch--she had this issue even with the old ones because they ran big, but the next smaller size was too small). We got DD's at Target in a special 5 pack for the price of 3 panties, but I can't find them on target.com. I think we will be sticking with the Hanes ones for the time being.

http://mobile.walmart.com/m/phoenix;jsessionid=B1D561E36A9FC726164796764CF5B7E A#ip/Hanes-Girls-6-Pack-ComfortSoft-Hipster-Panties/8031980

trales
11-15-2012, 03:26 PM
I like H&M the best, but TCP ones seem to be soft and holding up well. If you ask DD, the ones with the Disney Princess's, My Little Pony or Hello Kitty are the best.

I buy any kind I can as long as they don't cost more than $2 each.

lizzywednesday
11-15-2012, 03:33 PM
TCP is OK, but I don't like that their girls' undies have "decorated" elastic openings - I prefer smooth or covered elastic because I think the little scallops & lace can contribute to irritation.

acmom
11-15-2012, 04:11 PM
TCP is OK, but I don't like that their girls' undies have "decorated" elastic openings - I prefer smooth or covered elastic because I think the little scallops & lace can contribute to irritation.

:yeahthat: My DD is having issues with exactly that and more and more of the girls underwear choices are lacey or scalloped. She used to really like all Gymbo underwear, but now I have to be choosey about specific pairs from their bc they have several different style edges.

Corie
11-15-2012, 05:32 PM
My kids have always worn underwear from Gymboree. It holds up
so nicely and is extremely soft!

(Do not buy underwear from the Gymboree outlet stores! It has
a completely different feel and the boys boxer briefs are cut slimmer.)