PDA

View Full Version : Help buying DH packing cubes

MSWR0319
11-15-2012, 02:44 PM
I loved the packing cubes recommended in the gift thread. Thanks to whoever suggested that ( sorry, I can't remember off the top of my head). DH will LOVE them I think, as he travels a lot and is always trying to optimize space. My question is, which ones do I get? I have no idea how many he needs or what sizes. I think I'm going to get the ones on ebags because they are easy to return if he doesn't like them. He goes for a week usually, sometimes only three days, but also travels internationally once or twice a year for a couple weeks. Suggestions?

baileygirl
11-15-2012, 03:08 PM
Thanks for posting this. I saw them on the gift thread and thought they would be a perfect gift for dh and my dad. My dad mainly does short trips(i.e. uses carryon), dh tends to travel internationally so trips are often over a week. To try it out I was thinking about getting dh a folder and a couple of the cubes (reg sized and maybe half sized)?

KLD313
11-15-2012, 03:15 PM
I ahbe the ebags medium cubes and I love them. I packed all my DD's clothes in three of them for a 2 week trip. I've had them forever and they hold up well.

hillview
11-15-2012, 03:17 PM
I'd start with a folder and a couple of medium sized cubes. I like them but don't love them and usually don't pack with them. DH loves the folder.

WatchingThemGrow
11-15-2012, 03:28 PM
We have the ones from ebags. We have an assortment and use them all. DH's clothes can fit each day in a Medium, I think.

cookiemonster80
11-15-2012, 03:35 PM
Agree- DH loves the folder for dress shirts. But he also likes the medium and large cubes (from eagle creek- not familiar with the other brand).

And I LOVE the cubes for packing babies and kiddos up- so, so much easier to keep control of little clothes (pjs, undies, socks, onesies)- I was using zip lock bags but stay organized much easier with these.

ljackson
11-15-2012, 03:52 PM
My favourite (and DH's favourite too I think) is the Eagle Creek 2 sided cube (don't know if the other company has a similar thing). It has a zipper at the front and another at the back, and there is a piece of fabric that divides the cube into two compartments. The front compartment has a mesh side but the back one is water resistant, and the dividing fabric is big enough that you can fill the cube by putting all of your stuff in the mesh side, all of it in the water resistant side, or divide your things between the two sides. I start my trip with all of my stuff in the mesh side and move it to the other side as it gets dirty, so my clean and dirty clothes are always separate and the cube is always full. Hope that makes sense - couldn't quite figure out how to explain it!

DH likes having a variety of sizes. The really small ones are perfect for a selection of chargers, cable and headphones etc, and I think he would find a use for any size I gave him. One thing that he also likes about them is that he knows how much one cube weighs when full, so he can gauge how much his luggage weighs if everything is in cubes.