PDA

View Full Version : wii knowledge, please

karstmama
11-15-2012, 08:35 PM
does anyone have any more recent thoughts than the search digs up? our ot recommended we think about one for ds for christmas (i asked for suggestions, she didn't just come up with it...) but i know nothing except that he liked some dance game in social skills class this past summer. please give me some wii 101. thanks!:loveeyes:

JTsMom
11-16-2012, 01:58 PM
We're taking the plunge this year too, and I knew nothing. My sister has been coaching me though, so I think I have the basics down.

-First, you need the system. There are various BF deals on the old style one. Unless you have the new one reserved already, you probably have no chance of getting one unless you sell your first born or something. Sears and Kmart have similar deals- $100 (after gc at Kmart) for the system, the Sports and Sports Resorts games. From what I've seen, you'll always get 1 nunchuk (sp?) and one controller with anything you buy.

Sam's and Walmart have the system, no games, for $89.

Target's deal isn't great, but they do have one, and I think it has a dance game. You have to kind of break down the cost of the game/system to see if it's worth it.

I haven't seen a BF deal for them, but there are also Mario kart bundles, and Mario Bros bundles.

Another option is to buy used. The prices aren't *that* much better on the systems though, imo, if you are a bargain shopper.

- After you have a system, you can choose accessories. At a min, you'll need a second controller if you want to play anything with 2 players. When you chose games, they tell you what stuff you need/may want to go with them (steering wheels, etc.)

-Games- There are a ton to choose from. Amazon has videos, which I found helpful. There are several game deals. Big Lots has some great prices, and TRU has a BOGO 40% off deal. Prices vary a lot. You can also buy these used at Game Stop, and I think the deals are better on these. Mario stuff is popular (there seem to be a million versions), as is Lego stuff. Jason wants several Cars games.

Going into Game Stop and actually looking at the stuff helped me a lot.

karstmama
11-17-2012, 09:37 AM
hey, thanks a bunch! that's exactly what i was looking for. :)