PDA

View Full Version : Would you do anything about this Walmart purchase?

csnoop
11-15-2012, 11:52 PM
I needed a new backless booster for a carpool arrangement that was happening once a week. The seat I had been using was going to expire next month. So I told my friend to purchase a Harmony Youth Booster from Walmart online. She happily did so and had it shipped to our house. The nearest Walmart to us was about 40 mins away. My friend had some balance from a gift card and the item was cheap ($15?, plus shipping).

The seat arrived today. I was all excited about it until I saw the expiration date. The seat was manufactured in Dec 2011. That's one year old already. I felt cheated out of a good 6 months of usage for it. The receipt did not come w/the item but I am sure I could ask my friend for me. I was inclined to leave thing as it because it may cost me more to drive there to exchange it. Would they even let me exchange for a newer one? Over Thanksgiving, we would be driving by a Walmart on the way to visit our family. Would it be worth the effort to bring it to try to exchange it? What do folks think? My friend could probably care less about it since her other kids are out of carseats already. It would be for her youngest child and maybe my kid (both 5) if she rides in my friend's car. I have a 2 yr old that could potentially use it down the line.

CC

legaleagle
11-16-2012, 12:44 AM
Considering that 6 months of use is <$2 I wouldn't do anything about. No guarantee you'll get something significantly newer anyway.

ett
11-16-2012, 12:46 AM
I wouldn't both for a $15 booster. Plus, they may not have anything more recent in the store.

belovedgandp
11-16-2012, 12:47 AM
Considering the price; no I wouldn't mess with it for that kind of hassle. Somehow I feel my kids are trashing boosters faster than carseats. The fabric is way nasty even with less use in fewer years.

epiclesis
11-16-2012, 12:50 AM
Most seats arrive to you with 6-12 months of life gone, and that's pretty normal. Since it's such a cheap thing to begin with, it wouldn't really be worth it. If it was a more expensive item and wasn't discounted at all, I might consider it worth it, but not in this case. :)