PDA

View Full Version : Need quick help - Operation Christmas Child

Momit
11-16-2012, 03:51 PM
I've never done this before but picked up one box to fill. We had more stuff than would fit in the little box they give you and I saw that it said you could fill an additional shoe box as well. I did that - but will it go to a second child, or to the kid I specify on the label that came with the "official" box.

I might need to re-pack the boxes if they will go to two different kids, so I don't end up with one getting crayons and the other getting a coloring book etc.

I hope to drop off the box in a couple of hours. Help! Thanks!

ett
11-16-2012, 04:01 PM
It's one shoe box per child. If you make the donation online, you can print out labels with a bar code that tracks what country the box is sent to.

Momit
11-16-2012, 04:03 PM
It's one shoe box per child. If you make the donation online, you can print out labels with a bar code that tracks what country the box is sent to.

Ack! Thanks. Need to re-pack the boxes!

justlearning
11-16-2012, 04:04 PM
You can use a bigger shoe box if you have one handy.

Momit
11-16-2012, 04:23 PM
You can use a bigger shoe box if you have one handy.

Really? I had one more thing to include but it was a little too wide to fit the (tiny!) one they give you.

justlearning
11-16-2012, 04:28 PM
Here's a link: http://www.samaritanspurse.org/pdf/PackABoxwithLabels.pdf

It says you can use any shoe box (standard size) or small plastic container. So you don't want to use an oversized boots box but you can use your own shoe box that's a little bigger than theirs.

ett
11-16-2012, 04:35 PM
I always just use my own shoeboxes. I didn't even know you can get boxes from them. How did you get the box?

Momit
11-16-2012, 04:38 PM
I always just use my own shoeboxes. I didn't even know you can get boxes from them. How did you get the box?

My mom's group is doing it and the coordinator gave me one. It's really small! I'm going to use my own.

pastrygirl
11-16-2012, 06:13 PM
If you use your own box, just make sure you wrap the lid and bottom separately! I spent a lot of time yesterday removing wrap that sealed up the shoebox and re-stuffing/re-wrapping the boxes...