PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Night TV this week?

AbbysMom
11-16-2012, 09:11 PM
I DVR'ed Nashville and The Middle and started watching tonight. Everytime there is a pause, there is a voice giving the stage direction like: "Rayna's eyes widen and she knits her brow." I googled and can't figure out what the deal is. What was going on?

kristenk
11-16-2012, 09:22 PM
Do you have some sort of voice over setting turned on? Look for something called audio description or narrative or SAP.

AbbysMom
11-16-2012, 09:24 PM
No I don't and it only happened this night. I just called my mom and she said it happened to her on Wednesday night on all the ABC shows too.

Philly Mom
11-16-2012, 09:24 PM
I just watched Nashville and did not have that problem. Do you have on demand? Can you watch the episodes that way?

AbbysMom
11-16-2012, 09:28 PM
So weird! I can watch it On Demand but thought I'd check to see if it happened to everyone.

mom2khj
11-16-2012, 10:08 PM
This happened to me on The Middle and Modern Family, but last week not this week.

I hadn't changed any settings, but I fiddled with the Tivo when it happened to see if the kids accidentally turned something on. It seems the episode had two English "audio tracks" and when I changed it to the second one, the stage directions voice overs were gone.

I'm actually watching last nights Nashville now and just checked and their is only one audio track this time. Maybe it's a cable provider thing? We have Xfinity.

AbbysMom
11-16-2012, 10:15 PM
Thanks - we have Xfinity also. I don't have TIVO but I'll have to see if there is something I can do so it doesn't happen again.

It's very distracting. "Rayna stepped over a curb with grass growing in it." Really? I need to know there was grass growing in the sidewalk crack?