PDA

View Full Version : Very Frustrated with Postal Carrier, WWYD?

alien_host
11-17-2012, 04:02 PM
My parents moved in next door to us recently. I didn't change my name so we have the same last name. Now all my mail is going next door and DH's and DD's mail (different last name) is coming to our house. All my mail clearly has MY address and not my parents' address.

So should I say something or see if it works itself out? It's not a huge deal to get my mail from next door, but it really shouldn't happen that way.

Today my Amazon package was delivered next door.

Maybe our mail carrier has changed, I'm not sure. I do think he is lazy because this summer he left an Amazon package on top of our mailbox post (teetering), I mean it could have rained, got stolen or fallen off. Crazy. Although I guess I should be happy he brought it to the correct house.

He often stops on our street for a break (parks his truck and is doing whatever), should I approach him and point out that I live at XYZ and not ABC address? Is it better to leave a note?

Should I just suck it up and go next door?

WWYD? TIA!

karstmama
11-17-2012, 04:16 PM
i'd say something in a nice way - just sounds like a lazy/not paying attention combo. maybe just pointing out that people with the same last name moved next door & you're sure that's confusing but you still live 'here' (pointing)... i wouldn't bring in that the other people with the same last name are family. then there's no incentive to keep it straight.

amldaley
11-17-2012, 04:28 PM
My mom and I had the same name before I married. We still get each others mail. I just got her AARP stuff last week, I have been married 14+ years and live almost 3k miles away.

I would say something first to your carrier and then if it does not resolve, speak to the postmaster of your local office.

We had to mark in black crayon inside our mailbox in clear, all caps letters

DELIVER: DH NAME
MY NAME

So and So not at this address.

Your folks might need to do the same. I would also speak to UPS.

Sounds like they are trying to be helpful thinking the stuff is misaddressed.

The problem is that sooooo much is now cross referenced by mailing address. Once it hits a bulk mailing database that way, you'll be getting each others stuff forever. DH just got mail here for his brother. They have different last names and have not lived in the same state for 22 years.

Nip it in the bud while you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TwinFoxes
11-17-2012, 04:28 PM
i'd say something in a nice way - just sounds like a lazy/not paying attention combo. maybe just pointing out that people with the same last name moved next door & you're sure that's confusing but you still live 'here' (pointing)... i wouldn't bring in that the other people with the same last name are family. then there's no incentive to keep it straight.

:yeahthat: I'd just stalk him, and when he is delivering to your house mention it to him nicely. I wouldn't interrupt his break.

kristenk
11-17-2012, 04:31 PM

:yeahthat: Totally agree with karstmama's advice