PDA

View Full Version : I'm starting to hate the holidays

KLD313
11-17-2012, 09:12 PM
Everyone makes everything difficult. My BF's family invited us for Thanksgiving. I dont want to go there because my mom will be alone (my dad died) and although they invited her I know she won't want to go there. I also don't want to go because I'll me chasing my two yo DD and have 3 mo old DS to deal with, it's easier to stay home. Of course my BF is pissed but he'll get over it.

So, I tell my mom all this and she says she doesn't want to come to my house because won't drive home in the dark. Then said she would if she could leave by 3:30. I tell her I'll send my BF to get her and I'll drive her home, she says no. Now she's mad thati want to cook a turkey and not just a turkey breast. I'm mean she's seriously mad about it, yelling and everything. I hate turkey breast, I only like dark meat. Why does she care? She also thinks I don't know how to wash the turkey so I'll get us all sick. I tell her to make the turkey and bring it she says no.

I decide maybe it's easier to go to her house but my BF won't.

Why can't anyone make things easy on me? Why can't she just let us pick her up? This whole driving thing is something new. She's miserable, nasty and depressed. She needs anti-depressants but won't take them. She took them once for a month and they were like a miracle drug. When she stopped them I cried. Maybe I need some. Lol

hellokitty
11-17-2012, 09:53 PM
I'm sorry that you are the person always put on the spot to accommodate everyone. That is really stressful. I hope that things will chill off a little. I too have family like that (both sides) and sometimes I just want to bang my head against the wall when it comes to figuring out the logistics of holidays.

Mopey
11-17-2012, 10:07 PM
Yes, dealing with all the different families and dynamics is getting exhausting. I know how you feel. Hang in there and have an extra glass of wine while you wash that turkey!!! :grouphug:

happymomma
11-17-2012, 10:16 PM
I am so sorry about what you are going through. Family dynamics are always so complicated and when you factor in the holidays, it makes it even more stressful. :hug:

niccig
11-18-2012, 12:59 AM
I'm sorry that you are the person always put on the spot to accommodate everyone. That is really stressful. I hope that things will chill off a little. I too have family like that (both sides) and sometimes I just want to bang my head against the wall when it comes to figuring out the logistics of holidays.

I hate this too, so now I don't do it as much as I used to do. If you want to stay home, stay home. You've offered how to get your mum to/from your house. If she doesn't want to do that, it's her choice. If you're hosting, you get to cook turkey like you want.

Basically, I've given up twisting myself into a pretzel to make everyone else happy. I'm much happier for it. Family aren't so pleased, so I tune out the comments/whining. I know it sounds mean, but it's boundaries and I feel much less resentful when I do accomodate them.

ArizonaGirl
11-18-2012, 10:44 PM
Sometimes I just want to fast forward until January because of all of the family holiday drama crap. Sorry it is present in your life too.

:hug:

ArizonaGirl
11-18-2012, 10:49 PM
duplicate post