PDA

View Full Version : Another crap intern

Mopey
11-17-2012, 10:14 PM
My neighbor down the hall is a personal chef. She seems nice enough, interested to learn pastry.

I tell her it's too busy really but I can hire her for cash (since she says she's broke) to work a couple of hours.

She says yes yes yes I am confident with pie dough, etc.

She stank like cigarettes covered up with sweet hooker cologne, had on makeup, rings, bracelets and nail polish.

She man-handled my dough like you wouldn't believe. Knew nothing about how to roll it out, at all. Not blind baking. Nothing. Wanted my recipes though. Wanted me to make her clients apple tartlets for free.

And then I found out she never went to culinary school and is a "self-taught gourmet chef."

I have a feeling I know why she's broke :(

So mad at myself for not listening to that little inner voice that said say no! I spent $30 for two hours of crap work. Ugh.

Philly Mom
11-17-2012, 10:24 PM
How annoying. As an aside, I read about what you are making and find myself wishing I lived in NYC so I could taste them.

twowhat?
11-17-2012, 10:36 PM
That stinks:( But I think it's soooo cool that you're a pastry chef!

BabyBearsMom
11-17-2012, 11:41 PM
:hug: Sorry, she sounds like a disaster.

Mopey
11-18-2012, 12:28 AM
Thanks guys! What can you do? She was even a half hour late! :rolleyes:

Learned my lesson. I just hope I can use what she did. I should have stopped her on the first one but I was so happy to have help! Normally I manage my schedule and clients just fine but the holidays call for some support.

My mom is coming over to help tomorrow if I need it :) But really to see her little babe of course ;)

TwoBees
11-19-2012, 09:54 AM
I'm so sorry. :( It especially sucks because youw ere trying to be nice. Are you a professional baker?

I'm available to help out as a taste tester if you need one!

Mopey
11-19-2012, 10:56 AM
I'm so sorry. :( It especially sucks because youw ere trying to be nice. Are you a professional baker?

I'm available to help out as a taste tester if you need one!

I am, and I've heard that one a BUNCH :D

She's even already emailing me for tips and recipes and hopes she can come work more at Christmas time.

Sweeeeeeeet.