PDA

View Full Version : I am thankful for

crl
11-18-2012, 05:17 PM
We are in the midst of moving and the logistics of getting the work done that must be done are stressing me out. So I thought I'd start a thread of things for which I am grateful--that time of year and all.

Two healthy kids
Health insurance
my wonderful neighbors (who I am about to move away from :( )
Going to my family for Christmas
a comfortable bed
Sunshine today
Books to read
Trader Joes holiday goodies
A husband who doesn't mind that I am not cooking a real Thanksgiving meal

Anyone want to join in?

Catherine

mom2224
11-18-2012, 05:46 PM
my part time job
my patient and kind husband
a wonderful kindergarten teacher and awesome school bus driver
3 healthy boys
my parents unconditional love
the holiday cheer in my community

hillview
11-18-2012, 06:28 PM
all our health
our jobs
our family especially my parents who help a lot with the kids
a loving DH
DS1's teacher
our neighbors and neighborhood
our home
peace in the US
good healthy food
exercising

123LuckyMom
11-18-2012, 07:02 PM
My healthy, happy children
my husband
my home
my friends
my faith

AJP
11-18-2012, 09:19 PM
In no particular order I'm thankful for

Our health
Our home
My DH who can be a PITA, but who still puts up with me after all these years
DH's job and job security - even though I b*tch often about his hours
Our 3 children
Our families who help in their own little ways
The fact that I can stay at home thanks to DH's job
My amazing friends who I have known over half my life and who I don't see often enough
This place (the BBB!) I like to call my board
My warm, safe , quiet bed where I can read the BBB lol

lcarlson90
11-18-2012, 09:40 PM
I am thankful for...

My DH who treats me like I am the most important thing in the world.
My 2 energetic boys
My job
My house
My Mom and Dad who are always willing to help me with anything I need
My health

dcmom2b3
11-18-2012, 10:37 PM
my DD was a surprise baby, but she has made me so clear about what matters and what dosen't. Thank you, my love. I'm thankful for you. I'm also thankful for:

Her teachers. Her love for books.

Her friends. And their love for books.

Her godfather. The love for books that he inspires in her.

Her non-English speaking family; her desire to connect with them. And her love for books, en Francais.

Our friends, family and neighbors who have come to our aid more often than this prideful single mama would care to admit. You know who you are. I'm thankful for you.

The two of us have a wonderful life. Yeah, more money wouldn't hurt. In fact, it would help. Immensely. But, it dosen't really matter anymore. [cue Bohemian Rapsody].

Mopey
11-18-2012, 10:47 PM
I am thankful for my life and all the good stuff in it like

the amazing, loving hubby doing my dishes right now since I'll be working late into the night

the beautiful girl asleep in the next room

my fantastic sister and the bun in her oven a few blocks away

and my awesome, ever helpful and supportive mom also a few blocks away

health
love
friends
and sugar, since that's how I make my living :)

ourbabygirl
11-18-2012, 11:37 PM
I'm thankful for

our family's good health, safety, and shelter

my awesome husband, who's a better mate to me and father to our kids than I could've ever expected :heartbeat:

my healthy, happy, sweet & funny kids

being able to stay home with my kids, and my husband's new job that will allow him to not travel as much

my (mostly) functional family (that I grew up in)... I didn't realize how good I had it until I spent time around DH's :(

my sweet cat who's been with me longer than my DH or DC... he's so understanding of all the changes in his life & loves us through it all

the beautiful holiday season that's just beginning

TxCat
11-18-2012, 11:59 PM
Good idea OP - I'm getting really stressed out about work uncertainty, so I need to take a step back and reprioritize.

In no particular order:

My family's health
My DD
DH who is wonderful and supportive and trustworthy and my best friend.
My house and my neighborhood - I pinch myself every day that I'm basically living in my dream neighborhood.
Steady employment
My cats
My nanny who is completely loving and trustworthy. I never worry about DD while she is in her care, and that is worth its weight in gold.

roseyloxs
11-19-2012, 04:46 AM
The IRISH being undefeated and #1 :cheerleader1:
A healthy family including our newest addition that should arrive any day now
Awesome parents who are coming to visit for said new addition
The ability to be a SAHM while DH gets to do a job he always dreamed of
Our military family whose generosity and kindness never ceases to amaze me
Potatoes, because they are delicious and Germans cook them so well
The opportunity to live abroad and travel for these 3 short years

maestramommy
11-19-2012, 03:13 PM
I've been doing 30 days of Thankfulness this month.

Dh
My happy healthy kids
Shep
That when Dora got sick last week I went to give her Advil, and found 3 bottles of infant and 1 bottle of Child ibuprofen, all expired.
When my kids see a commercial for a tablet, they ooh and ah, and say, "I saw Merida!" and "I saw Captain Hook!" LOL
Last night I was able to sit down and make 13 oreo turkeys, and Dh is proud to have a wife that makes absurd little oreo turkeys. :D

BabyBearsMom
11-19-2012, 03:33 PM
My wonderful DH
My beautiful girls
That DD2 is recovering from her lung infection and didn't have to be hospitalized
That I will be with my family (and not the ILs) for Thanksgiving
That my family is healthy
That DH and I have steady jobs that we enjoy, pay well and are flexible for our needs as parents
Our comfortable home that we can afford

Seitvonzu
11-19-2012, 05:15 PM
my husband's gov job that allows him to be off tomorrow which is a full 6 hours or so before his parents arrive for the holiday (thereby allowing me to do my crazy preparations but still get some sleep before they arrive)

my husband for having the good sense to take off the WHOLE day tomorrow, and not just a half day when his parents will arrive (again, SLEEP)

wegmans who offers an affordable alternative to me stressing about my gravy, potatos, etc. and instead allows me to focus on pies and pre-dinner nibbles

my darling daughter who is healthy, vivacious and loves both holidays AND her grandparents (my ILS, who love my daughter back and while well-intentioned make ME a bit nutty)

my mother, who didn't mind me calling 6 times yesterday about chicken spaghetti so i could get it cooked prior to ILs visit

my father-- who despite having his email hacked, sent me the recipe for the aforementioned chicken spaghetti (YET AGAIN)

anything with cranberries in it (cranberry bliss bar at starbucks, cranberry wrapped goat cheese at trader joes, cranberry gin fizz ...oh yes-- this IS happening :) during this visit)

homemade caramel corn (took the time to make this during preschool this morning... holy wow! storebought caramel corn is such a mockery....!!!)

so many things! i probably should start putting some of these on our "thankful tree"-- we did it for 10 days straight and then i sorta lost steam :)

arivecchi
11-19-2012, 05:21 PM
my DH and his new yardwork bug (don't know what hit him!)
my kids learning to play new sports (so awesome to watch them learn and become more confident)
having found a cozy home that we all love
my super sweet 140 pound great dane girl :)
our health

crl
11-20-2012, 10:18 AM
And I'm thankful for the support I get here!

Glad you all joined in. :love-retry:
Catherine