PDA

View Full Version : Comfy comforter for toddler girl?

PMJ
11-18-2012, 06:20 PM
Need some recommendations for a comforter for a toddler girl? I don't know that we need a whole set of sheets, pillow cases etc.

We live in the mid-atlantic, so it does get fairly cold here in the winter.

I'd also prefer a MB (an actual store) and not online.

thanks

PMJ
11-18-2012, 06:29 PM
Forgot to add that DD is in a toddler bed and will be in it for 2 more years.

After that, we will get her a full size bed. Sooo I don't want to spend too much money on a comforter that we will only use for 2 years.

thanks again

wendibird22
11-18-2012, 08:32 PM
We bought a set at Walmart. Not the highest quality obviously but like you we won't be using it long. We don't use the flat sheet but have used the fitted sheet and pillow case.

sweet_pea
11-18-2012, 08:51 PM
We use a down throw as DD's comforter. We'll use it as a throw again once she's in a twin bed.

swissair81
11-26-2012, 01:47 PM
Mistaken post. Sorry.

bostonsmama
11-28-2012, 05:10 PM
We bought a polyfil insert from Ikea and stuffed it inside of a PBK toddler duvet (that I got on eBay for $12). She loved it, and it was actually perfect for both fall and winter, although we recently transitioned her to a big girl bed w/ a PBK quilt (which is super toasty, btw). I had to fold the IKEA comforter insert over one square to get it to fit, but it sure beat the $39+ tax and shipping PBK wanted.

sunnyside
11-29-2012, 01:05 PM
I just got my daughter a big PBK throw. It is super soft and thick with two layers, one that's sort of velvety soft and the other that is more shaggy. It wasn't inexpensive, but it's so soft and comfy and can be used as a throw when she moves into a bigger bed.

ecdyses
02-19-2013, 04:44 PM
I bought a crib sized wool filled duvet from a local futon shop (this futon shop makes custom bedding and so makes their own cotton or wool fille duvets). It was surprisingly affordable and is so much nicer than the poly filled toddler comforter we first picked up at Target. I sewed a duvet cover for it with some thomas the train cotton and blue minky from Joann's that DS picked out. Just another option if you have a futon shop nearby.