PDA

View Full Version : Rocking horse for 2 yo - yea or nay?

TxCat
11-18-2012, 11:29 PM
So I'm trying to come up with possible presents for DD for Christmas, mainly possible presents from BIL/SIL and both sets of grandparents. What does everyone think of a rocking horse-type toy? Good, bad, indifferent?

Beth24
11-19-2012, 01:53 AM
My 2 yo loves his, it was a hand me down from friends but he rides it all the time.

123LuckyMom
11-19-2012, 05:49 AM
My DS had a rocking lion. He adored it!

candaceb
11-19-2012, 08:46 AM
DS got one as a newborn and has just recently gotten interested in it (he was 2 in aug). He has been playing with it almost daily lately.

Snow mom
11-19-2012, 10:27 AM
We were given one as a hand me down from a friend sometime right around when DD turned 3 and she really likes it. I will say though that it's a plush horse with lights and sounds--not what I would choose but I think those are the features that really get her excited about it.

crl
11-19-2012, 10:30 AM
We had a wooden one. Dd used it quite a bit and visiting kids liked it as well. I just gave it away because we are moving to a place with newly refinished hardwood floors. Otherwise I think it would still be in use for a while longer. She stated using it at about 15-18 months (dd is tall and walked at ten months) and was still using it at 2 1/2. Older visiting kids would also ride it.

So I say yes.

Catherine

lizzywednesday
11-19-2012, 11:07 AM
DD absolutely ADORES one my nephew got as a 1st birthday present - it's plush & has a battery-operated whinny & clip-clop sounds, similar to this one:

http://www.a-rocking-horse-to-love.com/plush-pinto-horse-with-sound.html

We also have a rocking cow that sings, but DD is starting to outgrow it.

Kymberley
11-19-2012, 11:11 AM
A family friend made a rocking horse for DH when he was a child. We got it for DS last year. He LOVES that horse. Go for it!

vonfirmath
11-19-2012, 11:39 AM
We got a Rocking Blue Puppy for my son's first birthday. After age 3 or so it got put away. we brought it back out for DD's first birthday. She's on it ALL the time (more than my son used it!) AND my son now wants to play with it too.

It has no lights, no music. Just a homemade song my husband made up that gets sung a LOT when we see one of the kids on it. (Though she plays without the song too)

"Rocking blue puppy, Rocking blue Puppy, Rocking Blue puppy to save the day
Rocking blue puppy, Rocking blue puppy, Rocking blue puppy rocks my blues away!"