PDA

View Full Version : Doll House Gurus...Need Advice!

lhafer
11-19-2012, 02:34 AM
Help - I think I'm over thinking this...need your opinions please! I have 2 daughters...DD1 will be almost 7 and DD2 will be almost 3 at Christmas. DD1 has never been into Barbies or doll all that much. The almost 3 year old loves babies, and barbies and dolls.

Walmart had the FP Family Loving Home for the Holidays doll house (http://www.walmart.com/ip/Fisher-Price-Loving-Family-Home-for-the-Holidays-Dollhouse-7-Accessories/21777754)on sale a few weeks ago ($125), so I bought it for DD2 for Christmas as her big gift. I have opened it, and put all the stickers and what not on the house already (while they were in school). This one comes with a family of 4 people, 6 rooms of furniture, and Christmas decorations that can be taken down when the season is over (or played with continually if the kids wish!).

But during my research, I was really torn between that house and the kidkraft Savannah doll house. Now Walmart has the Savannah doll house (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10196858&findingMethod=rr)on sale for $99 and I'm looking at it again. It's WAY bigger than the FP one, which is what made me go with the FP in the first place - but we have a playroom it will be in. And I would need to buy more furniture for it. DD2 will be getting some Barbies for Christmas, so she will have bigger dolls to play with it.

I think my DD1 would play with it along with DD2. And I know it would get played with when friends come over. I'm just torn - should I buy the Kidkraft one and return the FP one? Just keep the FP one as everyone says those get a lot of love - especially since my daughter is still pretty young? I guess I can always upgrade to a bigger house as she gets older.

Thoughts, experience? (poll coming)

MMMommy
11-19-2012, 02:49 AM
I think the FP Loving Family dollhouses are really cute and would certainly be suitable for your almost 3 year old. If you intend it as a gift for BOTH your 7 year old and your 3 year old, I would go with the bigger scale Kidkraft dollhouse. I think your 7 year old might find the Loving Family dollhouse to be too "young" compared to the Kidkraft sized dollhouse. I think your 3 year old could definitely grow into the Kidkraft.

Since your younger DD loves Barbies, I would go with the Kidkraft dollhouse. It sounds like your younger DD loves all kinds of dolls, including Barbies. I imagine she would be happy with any dollhouse you choose. But since she does love Barbies, the Kidkraft offers the additional Barbie play factor over the Loving Family.

Good luck!

scrooks
11-19-2012, 08:29 AM
My dd has the loving family dollhouse and it gets occasional play... Although it is up in her room away from everything. It is a nice dollhouse. If I were you I might lean more towards the kidcraft one because of the Barbie factor.

Fwiw... I think tru has one of the loving family ones for $40 on Black Friday.