PDA

View Full Version : Doggie Daycare

arivecchi
11-19-2012, 05:18 PM
So my dear Mags went to doggie daycare for the first time last week and she did great! I was so excited that she passed her temperament test!

Such a win win. She gets to have a fun afternoon and then she comes home all wiped out so she sleeps well all night. She went back today. :)

Here she is towering over the other doggies. :rotflmao:

So glad we took the doggie daycare plunge!

Do you send your dogs to doggie daycare? How often do they go and for how long?

maestramommy
11-19-2012, 05:55 PM
Yes, we send Shep to daycare occasionally. He loves it, sleeps like the dead for the next 24 hours:tongue5:

I usually see one lone Dane at daycare and it always cracks me up a little!

niccig
11-19-2012, 05:59 PM
We used to when we went out of town. Maggie is too old now and she'll jump and play with the younger dogs, then she'll limp for weeks requiring vet visits and pain medication. One of her back legs was broken when a stray and healed incorrectly. She forgets she's too old and wants to play.

We now have someone come and stay at our house and she brings her older dog. Enough company and the dog sitter knows to keep Maggie's exercise limited.

arivecchi
11-19-2012, 06:05 PM
Yes, we send Shep to daycare occasionally. He loves it, sleeps like the dead for the next 24 hours:tongue5:
:rotflmao:

I need a pic of Shep. Your Shep stories crack me up!

arivecchi
11-19-2012, 06:05 PM
We used to when we went out of town. Maggie is too old now and she'll jump and play with the younger dogs, then she'll limp for weeks requiring vet visits and pain medication. One of her back legs was broken when a stray and healed incorrectly. She forgets she's too old and wants to play.

We now have someone come and stay at our house and she brings her older dog. Enough company and the dog sitter knows to keep Maggie's exercise limited. Awww, poor Maggie! Glad she still has some company though!

Kindra178
11-19-2012, 06:17 PM
I just love this pic! It makes me smile every time I see it.

larig
11-19-2012, 06:19 PM
I want to hug her!

jenfromnj
11-19-2012, 06:21 PM
When we were both working f/t, our pup went to daycare several times per week and loved it there. The days she didn't go, she'd try to follow us out the door and get into the car. It was great exercise, and also good for her to be with her "own kind" since she's our only dog. She'd be there all day, but the owners were really good about switching all the dogs from the more active area to the more mellow area as necessary, which was great for her.

billysmommy
11-19-2012, 06:23 PM
I love this pic!!
She is such a gorgeous dog!!

maestramommy
11-19-2012, 06:32 PM
:rotflmao:

I need a pic of Shep. Your Shep stories crack me up!

Your wish is my command. Taken a couple of weeks ago.
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n6/maestramommy/20121101_112702.jpg

hillview
11-19-2012, 07:17 PM
Our dog, Titus, goes every day. He goes for about 3-4 hours and he comes home SO tired. I think this is partly why he is such a good dog. He is however skinny -- I think because he gets so much exercise. He is well fed, high quality food.

Anyway he's been going to doggy playgroup every day (5x a week) for about a year now and no regrets.

arivecchi
11-19-2012, 09:19 PM
I just love this pic! It makes me smile every time I see it. Me too! It cracks me up. :)

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n6/maestramommy/20121101_112702.jpg Awww. He looks adorable! Thanks for sharing! He seems to be a comfy pillow!

I'm so glad we discovered DD. I think it will be really good for her. Hillview, you pup is lucky!

arivecchi
11-19-2012, 09:21 PM
I love this pic!!
She is such a gorgeous dog!! Thank you! I am in love with this breed now. She is just awesome.

When we were both working f/t, our pup went to daycare several times per week and loved it there. The days she didn't go, she'd try to follow us out the door and get into the car. Awwww! Cute!

I want to hug her! You are welcome to come hug her anytime! :)

larig
11-19-2012, 10:17 PM
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n6/maestramommy/20121101_112702.jpg

Hi, Shep! (He's so cute!)

twowhat?
11-19-2012, 11:35 PM
Awesome pic! She is HUGE. Glad it is working out!

And maestramommy, that is so adorable - Shep seems to have GROWN - has he?? I don't remember him looking that big in other pictures!

arivecchi
11-19-2012, 11:56 PM
Twowhat, she is huge, but so careful with the boys. She does not knock them down and watches over them like a hawk. So sweet. To give you a better perspective, here she is next to 6 foot DH!

twowhat?
11-19-2012, 11:58 PM
That is crazy how big she is, LOL!!! And so cool that she is so gentle. Our 60 lb male, on the other hand, is NOT careful with where he puts his body. He has knocked DH over twice. And I'm talking the kind of knock-over where he slams into the back of DH's legs, and DH goes airborne, cartoon-style. Hahahaha. I shouldn't laugh, but the image of that just makes me giggle.

arivecchi
11-20-2012, 12:01 AM
That is crazy how big she is, LOL!!! And so cool that she is so gentle. Our 60 lb male, on the other hand, is NOT careful with where he puts his body. He has knocked DH over twice. And I'm talking the kind of knock-over where he slams into the back of DH's legs, and DH goes airborne, cartoon-style. Hahahaha. I shouldn't laugh, but the image of that just makes me giggle.
:hysterical:

Mopey
11-20-2012, 01:53 AM
I had the most wonderful weimaraner in college!!! Great dogs!

Mag is a real beauty!!! :thumbsup:

maestramommy
11-20-2012, 12:37 PM
Awesome pic! She is HUGE. Glad it is working out!

And maestramommy, that is so adorable - Shep seems to have GROWN - has he?? I don't remember him looking that big in other pictures!

I think it might be the angle. The last pillow pic I posted of Shep was this summer, and he'd already hit his cap of 73 lbs. Laurel looks bigger in this pic too, lol.

mackmama
11-20-2012, 01:11 PM
Doggie daycares can be so great. Fun for the pups to have buddy-time and get tired out. Does yours have a live video feed where you can watch your dog online?That's really neat that your dog is so gentle with the kids. How cool.