PDA

View Full Version : PT pretty please.... (family drama)

Mopey
11-20-2012, 01:49 AM
This got long, sorry - details.....

The hubby's big sister has come to town for Thanksgiving. She is a really sh!tty article. I was really really really hoping she would skip it. We haven't seen her in two years - since she behaved like a nasty little brat on Christmas Eve, complete with an awful screaming tantrum at midnight where she proceeded to take her things and leave after yelling. She is the type to pout in the corner with her arms crossed, ick-ing up the whole vibe with that manipulation. And she had done that all night before storming out.

Now I do understand her issues with her parents, but she is awful to her brothers too - like bailing on our first nephew's baptism when she was supposed to be the Godmother (!!!!!!) because she had an herbal workshop that day. What? She also bailed on all bridal and baby showers (didn't even RSVP to mine). I'm not even mentioning years ago when she (tiny) tried to beat up my hubby (much taller) when at the request of their parents he tried to help her organize her finances. She is obviously unstable and not always well medicated.

I know she wasn't great with my nephew when he was a baby (can't remember details but my BIL didn't like it). She was up with her parents visiting our new niece this weekend and we found out that she was her usual icky self this weekend - with a kicker. Apparently when out on a little nature walk my niece (2 yrs. old) fell on a tree root. She saw, and then turned around and kept walking. Said to my MIL that she (the niece) was fine. Not fatal, but ICK. ick ick ick ick ick.

Anyway, the PT are in two parts:

My MIL is watching the Miss tomorrow. PT that my SIL goes to visit friends or something. The hubby is telling his mom when he drops our girl off that she is not to be alone with her aunt. My ILs worship Mopey (they have come thisclose to saying she's their favorite) so I know she's in good hands. And my MIL sounded entirely tense on the phone so it seems the visit is already wearing thin and I'm thinking my SIL will be out.

PT also that either she bails on Turkey Day at my sis's (wouldn't surprise me) or comes and behaves like a grown up. This is my sis's first Thanksgiving and she's pregnant with her first baby and I don't want anything to screw it up. She is being kind enough to have all the families (her ILs, my ILs, etc.) and a few friends for the feast.

If you've gotten this far I really appreciate it and I will really appreciate all the PTs you can spare :bowdown:

Thanks so much.

niccig
11-20-2012, 02:03 AM
Oh wow, she sounds like piece of art work.

I hope she's not there tomorrow.
I hope she doesn't ruin your sister's Thanksgiving - maybe you can give your sister a heads up and set DH up to run interference if she starts to act up.

karstmama
11-20-2012, 10:54 AM
why can't people act appropriately? i mean, really...

p&pt for a happy tkgvg for all, but extra ones for your family!

KDsMommy
11-20-2012, 11:43 AM
Oh my, she sounds "special" to say the least.

PT that she's out of the house when Miss Mopey (love the nname BTW:)) is with the GP, and that she behaves herself on turkey day.

123LuckyMom
11-20-2012, 12:03 PM
P&PT to you and the Miss! If SIL comes to Thanksgiving and tries to sulk in the corner, I suggest you do as I do with my DS (age 4). "I'm so sorry you feel upset. If you're too unhappy to join in the fun, please go to your room. You can go on your own, or I'll carry you there. When you feel more like being part of the action, come back to us. We'll miss you while you're gone, so I hope you cheer up soon." That might not be strong enough for your SIL, though. My DS sounds more reasonable than she is. Perhaps you should try counting (That's one for sulking, Two for making faces, Three for shouting. Go take Five.) If her behavior is bad enough, just send her straight to time out. In fact, in this situation, I would advocate spanking! ;)

Mopey
11-20-2012, 01:06 PM
You guys make me laugh :)

Apparently she didn't show too much interest in the Miss this morning. Hugged her and all, said nice to meet you, then handed her right back to my FIL.

My hubby said he didn't even have to finish his sentence - his Mom totally agreed that Mopey wouldn't be alone with her. Happily work is going really smoothly and I will be finished earlier tomorrow so that's a positive.

I actually dreamt last night that she was pouting and I went over and sat next to her and asked her why she was here if she is so miserable and hates us all. That I understand and she should just go make her family with the people she likes (I really did grow up with an open-minded mom who always said just because they're your parents doesn't mean you have to love them).

I do think if she misbehaves the hubby will be on her like white on rice.

Again, thanks everyone :)

BabyBearsMom
11-20-2012, 01:11 PM
Positive thoughts your way!