PDA

View Full Version : Holiday house prep

Twoboos
11-20-2012, 09:09 AM
You're having guests for the holiday. The sheets, towels, etc., were washed and cleaned and folded and put away after the last guests, lets say 6mos ago. Do you rewash everything, use as-is, or just "freshen" by putting them through the dryer for a bit?

Pennylane
11-20-2012, 09:36 AM
I wouldn't wash anything again, maybe freshen up the towels in the dryer and if there is a blanket on the bed I would do the same with that.

Ann

lizzywednesday
11-20-2012, 09:38 AM
At most, I would freshen the linens in the dryer, but chances are good I'd be too crazy to even do that!

I think if they're clean & don't smell stale, you're good.

queenmama
11-20-2012, 09:39 AM
As long as nothing had that sort of stale, musty smell, I wouldn't mess with it!

Lara

hellokitty
11-20-2012, 09:52 AM
As long as nothing had that sort of stale, musty smell, I wouldn't mess with it!

Lara

:yeahthat: I actually throw a bigger sheet over the entire guest bed, so it doesn't get dusty. I have never re-washed clean linens before for guests. Usually, I'm running around like a mad woman trying to clean the rest of the house.

Melaine
11-20-2012, 09:53 AM
If they smell fine, then I say you are good to go.

TwinFoxes
11-20-2012, 10:15 AM
If they smell fine, then I say you are good to go.

:yeahthat:

jayali
11-20-2012, 10:25 AM
While I would like to say that I am as organized as Martha Stewart and have a check list that goes two weeks out with things that need to get done in preparation for the Holidays the truth is I am ALWAYS overwhelmed and my husband says I make things harder on myself. SO I would use as is, probably, or be doing laundry at 2am.