PDA

View Full Version : Unb*tch -- great meeting with teachers today

hillview
11-20-2012, 09:43 AM
When we had DS2's teacher conference last month it went poorly. DH and I felt we spent the WHOLE meeting (well 22 mins out of 30) listening to every infraction that DS2 had perpetrated in the first 2 months of school. After sitting on it for a week, I met with the special education teacher (evaluates kids for OT and other special needs). She was amazing when I met with her (she has helped us in the past with both boys) and today we remet with DS2's teachers and the special education teacher. It was a fantastic meeting, we got all kinds of details on DS2's academic progress and a very warm feeling from the teachers overall.

Something else to be thankful for!

ETA: changed title in case it was offensive!

hellokitty
11-20-2012, 09:58 AM
Yay! I have been following your posts and I'm so happy you hear that things are getting better!

crl
11-20-2012, 10:16 AM
That's great! Good for you being proactive. :bighand:

Catherine

KDsMommy
11-20-2012, 10:18 AM
Awesome news!

arivecchi
11-20-2012, 10:32 AM
So happy to hear this!

elliput
11-20-2012, 10:43 AM
:love5: Good conferences are so encouraging.

snowbunnies300
11-20-2012, 11:18 AM
I'm glad the second meeting went so well. We have always had the special ed teacher and the regular ed teacher at every conference. I believes it helps greatly and allows evetone to point out the pluses and minuses and then brainstorm together a plan. Can you have special ed at all conferences in the future?

hillview
11-20-2012, 12:10 PM
I'm glad the second meeting went so well. We have always had the special ed teacher and the regular ed teacher at every conference. I believes it helps greatly and allows evetone to point out the pluses and minuses and then brainstorm together a plan. Can you have special ed at all conferences in the future?

YES! I don't know why I didn't think of this before but yes we will and should have done this!

snowbunnies300
11-20-2012, 02:50 PM
Well I have to admit I didn't think about requesting all parties to be involved. It has just been that way from day one at our school. I wish more schools would be on the same page about these sorts of things.

DS1 & DS3 are in the regular ed room for only brief periods throughout the day their teacher still has us come to her room for conferences. The special ed teacher joins us but pretty much commands the entire session. The regular ed teacher just tells us how much they likes DS's and how well the other kids relate to them. Even though DS1 is 9 and can't talk his classmates still talk to him and like reading to him and making him laugh. DS3 is getting to know his classmates as he is in K.

DS2 is in the regular ed room 99% of the time this year and that is a first. Special ed is still intune with what is going on as he has a full time aide with him.

Kindra178
11-20-2012, 03:03 PM
Great news!

Melbel
11-20-2012, 03:20 PM
Great news! :applause: