PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 4S battery issues?

AnnieW625
11-20-2012, 11:32 AM
Last night I went I bed with 69% battery life on my phone. I just turned it on 30 minutes ago when I go to the gym (typing from eliptical) and I have dropped 17% battery life. I had one safari window open, and my music on. I do not have location services on, but did have a triangle (pointed to battery life) and when that was on is when I lost the battery life, which looks like this icon is only on when I have music on (just turned music back on). This has been happening frequently.

Has this happened to anyone else? Should I go and have my phone checked out? I have Aple Care.

Momit
11-20-2012, 11:38 AM
Did your Bluetooth get switched on? That icon might look like an arrow and it's right next to the battery indicator.

egoldber
11-20-2012, 11:40 AM
I have had TERRIBLE battery life since the iOS 6 upgrade. I used to be able to go for a couple days without charging and now my phone barely lasts a full day.

ETA: My DH noticed the same thing and he has a 5.

AnnieW625
11-20-2012, 11:45 AM
no, blue tooth is off. I went ahea and made an appt. for the Genius Bar for this afternoon since I have to be at the mall anyway.

In 8 mins. since I posted I have lost 6% battery life.

mommylamb
11-20-2012, 11:53 AM
Are your aps on? I try to remember to turn them off when I'm not using them because the suck the battery when they're on. It makes a huge difference.

cono0507
11-20-2012, 11:57 AM
I have had TERRIBLE battery life since the iOS 6 upgrade. I used to be able to go for a couple days without charging and now my phone barely lasts a full day.

ETA: My DH noticed the same thing and he has a 5.

:yeahthat: My 4 started losing battery life and recently was replaced with a 5 that can't make it thought the day without charging. Fortunately, I'm able to charge it throughout the day but I'm not very happy about it. Still trying to figure out what I can do to preserve the battery life.

spannaz
11-20-2012, 12:17 PM
The little sideways triangle that points to your battery life is the 'play' icon for your music (so if you're listening to music and doing other stuff on your phone, it tells you that music is playing). This shouldn't really affect your battery life though. The iPod function on an iPhone is designed to use very little battery. Have you checked if your brightness has been set to high by mistake?

Also, check for apps that may be on and running in the background. What about messages- are there any that are trying to send but not going through? I find that if my network is having issues and I don't realize a message hasn't gone through and is trying, that will drain my battery significantly. Although this usually happens with third-party apps like WhatsApp.

Hope Apple can sort it out for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pepper
11-20-2012, 12:29 PM
My hubby found these tips online for preserving battery life - it's for the iPhone4, not the 4S, but some of them may help you I hope!

https://discussions.apple.com/message/19825269#19825269%2319825269

boogiemom
11-20-2012, 01:06 PM
Thank you, Pepper! Awesome tips! :-)

egoldber
11-20-2012, 01:08 PM
Pepper, thank you. I turned a bunch of those things off, so I hope that helps.

AnnieW625
11-20-2012, 03:44 PM
Thanks for the list Pepper. I had some of those things off already, but turned the remainder of them off as well. I turned the music on and am testing it for about 30 minutes to see how much battery it drains.