PDA

View Full Version : M&D mini stable or barn?

ang79
11-20-2012, 11:48 AM
MIL wanted gift ideas for the girls (4 and 6) and I suggested a set of horses and stable. I think she is looking at either Schleich horses, or the ones at AC Moore (Safari brand maybe?). Not the tiny ones in the plastic tubes, the ones that are a big bigger. Would these be a good fit for the M&D mini stable or barn? And of the two, which would be better for play with the horses? I think she wanted to get the red barn and then extra horses (as I've read that the M&D ones don't hold up well and I don't want to be fixing broken horse legs for crying girls!). Or other suggestions?

123LuckyMom
11-20-2012, 12:28 PM
We have the M&D barn and Schleich horses (and cows, and sheep, etc.). We love our barn and get a lot of use out of it, but be aware, the horses will most likely only fit in the stalls on the bottom level. There's really only room for four horses. Upstairs, the slant of the roof won't accommodate them. If you have different types of animals, as we do, (and some come with the barn) you'll be fine. Know, too, that the Schleich horses are breakable with rough play (ask me how I know ;)), and the M&D animals did not seem less sturdy.