PDA

View Full Version : BOB Books - reviews?

rachelh
11-20-2012, 12:26 PM
They are on sale on Zulily today. I have never heard of them before though. DD is in first grade and can improve on her reading a bit. It would be a cheap gift one night of Chanukah.

Anyone have them?

hillview
11-20-2012, 12:30 PM
we have them. They are VERY simple. Beginning phonics level (at level 1).
http://www.bobbooks.com/bob_books_set_1.php

Depending on the set # and your DC's reading skill they could be a good fit.

rachelh
11-20-2012, 12:35 PM
we have them. They are VERY simple. Beginning phonics level (at level 1).
http://www.bobbooks.com/bob_books_set_1.php

Depending on the set # and your DC's reading skill they could be a good fit.

Thanks!

That definitely looks too easy for her but I guess there are different levels. Will check them out!

smilequeen
11-20-2012, 01:30 PM
It would depend on the first grader. My boys both used them when first learning to read. They are boring to me, but the kids were always so proud to be able to read at that age and they were great. For reference, my 5 year old is on level 3 of the BOB books right now. So within a few more months I think he'll be done with them. He's a little ahead of level but not amazingly so.

JBaxter
11-20-2012, 01:32 PM
Boring in my opinion. I couldn't get either of mine to even sit to look at them. I do not recommend anyone to buy them.

niccig
11-20-2012, 01:37 PM
Boring in my opinion. I couldn't get either of mine to even sit to look at them. I do not recommend anyone to buy them.

:yeahthat: DS hated them. He said all the phonics readers were boring. His reading didn't take off until we got onto more difficult but interesting books. I supply the words he doesn't know and he reads what he does know.

citymama
11-20-2012, 01:39 PM
They were great in helping my DD learn to read in pre K. Likely really boring for a first grader.

rachelh
11-20-2012, 01:49 PM
Thanks all for the feedback! Going to pass on them.

Kindra178
11-20-2012, 03:05 PM

Completely agree with this.