PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving sides - buying

sandwish
11-20-2012, 05:42 PM
We are going to a friend's house for thanksgiving. I need to bring some sides. Since we are currently living in temporary housing with very little kitchen supplies, I need to buy.

I am thinking of stopping by Trader Joe's and Costco. Anything people would recommend from either place?

Thinking some mashed potatoes or veggies I can quickly roast.

SnuggleBuggles
11-20-2012, 05:44 PM
Trader Joe's has a lot of good Thanksgiving sides. In my store they are over with the meat (next to the turkeys). The stuffing is really good. eta- at Costco there are yummy cheesy potatoes. Not very Thanksgiving but I really like them.

sandwish
11-20-2012, 05:51 PM
I read in the menu thread about sliced Brussels sprouts do I'm tempted to look for that and give it a try.

twowhat?
11-20-2012, 06:58 PM
For something already cooked that you just have to heat up, I was really impressed with La Madeleine, which is what we used the first year the girls were born. I don't know if it's too late to order, but their green beans with almonds is really good, the stuffing is great, and the scalloped potatoes are heavenly - I think they make them with gruyere.

dylansnan
11-20-2012, 07:16 PM
I keep hearing radio commercials for Trader Joes frozen mashed potatoes. I've never had them, but the commercial makes me want to buy them- they sound yummy.