PDA

View Full Version : Gifts for DCP Question

mommylamb
11-20-2012, 09:44 PM
DS2 goes to a home daycare, and we love his DCP. We've known her since DS1 was a baby. Back when DS1 was in her daycare, she had a full time assistant and we used to give them both the same gift every year (usually a nice gift card of some sort). Between the time that DS1 left and DS2 started, DCP and her assistant had a falling out and she ended up going it alone and taking fewer kids.

I had planned on giving DCP a cash holiday gift this year-- probably $100.

A few weeks ago DCP decided to hire another woman to help her part time. I've met the new assistant a couple times, but rarely see her as she comes in after I drop off DS2 and is gone before I pick up. DCP told me last week she is planning on bringing the new assistant on FT and taking in a couple more kids.

Should I now be giving the two of them the same gift? I really don't have it in the budget to spend $200, and it feels odd to give the assistant who I really don't know that much. It's ok to give DCP the cash gift and get something smaller for the new assistant, right?

Momit
11-20-2012, 09:51 PM
I had a somewhat similar situation last year with DS's preschool teachers. There's a lead teacher and an assistant. He had been with the lead teacher for almost a year and loved her. The assistant had just started a month or so before the holidays. I gave them both a cute Garnet Hill pencil case with some chocolates and a nice pen, and then a gift card for a casual local place a lot of the teachers go to for lunch. I gave the lead teacher a higher $ gift card (like $30 vs. $10 or something). I remember asking for feedback here and deciding based on that.

BabyBearsMom
11-21-2012, 02:01 PM
I will probably give $100 to DCP and if asst is full time by Christmas, give her a $20-$25 gift card