PDA

View Full Version : shutterfly problems?

boilermakermom
11-21-2012, 12:36 AM
is anyone having problems on shutterfly? i am trying to make a calendar and the pictures are loading when i try to crop them.

i am also receiving a low resolution error message on just about every pic i put in the calendar.

i tried the live chat, but didn't get much help.

llama8
11-21-2012, 07:13 AM
I use shutterfly for all of my pictures no problem.

I then decided to make a photobook on Shutterfly and it was a disaster. The pictures wouldn't crop, the new window to make changes wouldn't let me do anything. Nothing was user friendly,and I am pretty tech savy. I quickly decided to not complete the project through Shutterfly. I thought it may have been my computer, but maybe it is their website.

This was a few months ago.

hbridge
11-21-2012, 09:18 AM
I was struggling last week to make a photo book on Shutterfly. With Kodak Gallery, I had a system and it worked great. Now my pictures are piling up and I just don't want to deal with the Shutterfly photo book :(. Has anyone found a good site for making hardcopy albums?

boilermakermom
11-21-2012, 09:21 AM
I am having the same problems. I found if I edit my pictures in a photo shop type program, then upload them to shutterfly, I am not getting the low resolution error.

I am not sure how to fix the inability to crop pictures. Ugh.

chlobo
11-21-2012, 10:28 AM
I used Picaboo a while back for a photo album and I loved their website and their background choices. Only problem is that their shipping is really slow.

AnnieW625
11-21-2012, 10:40 AM
I used Picaboo a while back for a photo album and I loved their website and their background choices. Only problem is that their shipping is really slow.

Hmm. I ordered my Christmas cards from them last Wednesday and I got them via UPS yesterday. The original delivery estimate when I ordered was the 28th.

Melbel
11-21-2012, 11:16 AM
Shutterfly is having site problems currently. I have used them for many projects in the past without incident. There is another code for $20 off TARGETCARDS. I think they are overwhelmed.

pakin
11-21-2012, 11:43 AM
Hmm. I ordered my Christmas cards from them last Wednesday and I got them via UPS yesterday. The original delivery estimate when I ordered was the 28th.

I think Picaboo is in California. For us on the East coast, shipping takes a lot longer. (That's my problem with Shutterfly too. Some stuff took forever to get here.) I am spoiled by Amazon Prime. :)

Pakin

DS 4/2001
DD 6/2005

boilermakermom
11-26-2012, 01:01 AM
Shutterfly is having site problems currently. I have used them for many projects in the past without incident. There is another code for $20 off TARGETCARDS. I think they are overwhelmed.

Any idea if problems will be fixed soon? I really do not want to start over with another website/company. I already have my dates and pictures uploaded.

jgenie
11-26-2012, 01:17 AM

Do you know the details of this promotion?

Melbel
11-26-2012, 01:38 AM
Do you know the details of this promotion?

This is what I have in my account:

$20 off 5x7 flat or 5x7 folded holiday cards from Target
Expires 12/10
General promotion information new
Offer open to registered Shutterfly members only. To receive this offer, you must place a qualifying order through your Shutterfly account within the promotional time period specified. You must enter the reward code at the shopping cart page in order to receive discount.

Only one discount may be applied per order. Taxes, shipping and handling may apply. Offer value may not be redeemed for cash or other value, transferred to another account, combined with other offers, discounts, promotions or credits. The discount is not applicable to Prepaid Print Plans, Pro Gallery purchases, Gift Certificates. Offer not valid on orders for in-store pick up. Discounts, promotions, or awards cannot be applied to purchases made from Shutterfly Pro Galleries. Only one offer per household. Other restrictions may apply.

Offer ends at the expiration of promotion and may not be applied retroactively, transferred to other products, or redeemed for any value other than stated. The terms and conditions of this offer are binding. Payment for orders placed using the check or money order option must be postmarked within 15 days after the end of the sale in order to receive the discount.

Melbel
11-26-2012, 01:40 AM
Any idea if problems will be fixed soon? I really do not want to start over with another website/company. I already have my dates and pictures uploaded.

I was having a hard time with my free Christmas cards tonight. I decided to reboot my Mac and was able to complete the project without further problem.

You may want to chat with CS to determine when non peak times are for the site.

jgenie
11-26-2012, 02:00 AM
Thank you!! I got it to work - I ordered cards through another promotion but still needed a few more.

This is what I have in my account:

$20 off 5x7 flat or 5x7 folded holiday cards from Target
Expires 12/10
General promotion information new
Offer open to registered Shutterfly members only. To receive this offer, you must place a qualifying order through your Shutterfly account within the promotional time period specified. You must enter the reward code at the shopping cart page in order to receive discount.

Only one discount may be applied per order. Taxes, shipping and handling may apply. Offer value may not be redeemed for cash or other value, transferred to another account, combined with other offers, discounts, promotions or credits. The discount is not applicable to Prepaid Print Plans, Pro Gallery purchases, Gift Certificates. Offer not valid on orders for in-store pick up. Discounts, promotions, or awards cannot be applied to purchases made from Shutterfly Pro Galleries. Only one offer per household. Other restrictions may apply.

Offer ends at the expiration of promotion and may not be applied retroactively, transferred to other products, or redeemed for any value other than stated. The terms and conditions of this offer are binding. Payment for orders placed using the check or money order option must be postmarked within 15 days after the end of the sale in order to receive the discount.