PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I sleep?

joonbug
11-21-2012, 06:15 AM
For the past week or so, I have been waking up earlier and earlier. Today it was a bit after 4. I can't go back to sleep and end up really tired by DDs bedtime (which is 8!). As a consequence of early bedtime, I wake up early and end up being tired and cranky... I always loved to sleep and needed a lot of sleep, so why is this happening?? Maybe I should have put it in the BP lol......

hillview
11-21-2012, 07:41 AM
Oh I was just coming to post that falling asleep is no issue but about around 4 am I am awake. I wish something would help. The only thing that works for me is occasional tylenol or advil PM

joonbug
11-21-2012, 09:32 AM
I might try it... Yesterday I actually tried to stay awake and watched the DVR'ed shows trying to catch up... Fell asleep sometime after 10 and still woke up after 4!

BillK
11-21-2012, 07:32 PM
I've been using Schiff melatonin from Costco. Has REALLY been a huge help without all the groggyness of Tylenol PM and the like.

hillview
11-21-2012, 08:09 PM
I've been using Schiff melatonin from Costco. Has REALLY been a huge help without all the groggyness of Tylenol PM and the like.

Does the Meletonin KEEP you asleep of just help you FALL asleep? Thanks Bill!

edurnemk
11-21-2012, 08:39 PM
I've been doing Kundalini Yoga on and off for years now and I was taught this simple technique for sleeping better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb_iVAjE-No&noredirect=1 try to focus on your breathing and not think of much else while doing it. HTH!

joonbug
11-21-2012, 09:07 PM
Thank you! I ll check the other advice as well.

BillK
11-21-2012, 11:02 PM
Does the Meletonin KEEP you asleep of just help you FALL asleep? Thanks Bill!

It does both for me!

infomama
11-21-2012, 11:06 PM
I bought Natural Calm from a rec here and it made me SO sleepy. I don't have trouble sleeping per se but I *really* sleep like a rock when I take it (I don't drink it every night). Unless you have a contraindication I would try it for sure.
www.vitacost.com/natural-vitality-natural-calm-sweet-lemon-16-oz-1