PDA

View Full Version : Narrowest HBB?

edurnemk
11-21-2012, 12:06 PM
I'm starting to look at options for the next car seat for DS, since DD will be getting his Blvd when she outgrows the infant seat. I don't think this will happen before the summer since DD is a peanut, and so far she hasn't turned into an infant seat hater like DS was. But I'd like to start narrowing my options

Next summer DS will be 5.5 yo. Right now he's about 42 inches tall, 40 lb (he's about 50th percentile for both, always has been). So would you put him in a HBB in booster mode at 5.5-6 or keep him harnessed? Sadly all his friends ride in boosters so he's starting to ask about when he gets to ride in one. We've used the Bubble bum for trips and he's very compliant about sitting in it correctly.

I originally thought of the Britax Frontier, but maybe we can just get a Parkaway or a Monterey? Our car is narrow (Nissan Rogue) so I'd like one with a narrow footprint (in case we need to fit a 3rd passenger in there which right now we can't) and I'd like it to have LATCH.

Thanks!

AnnieW625
11-21-2012, 01:42 PM
I would be fine with a high back booster at that age, that is when I moved DD1 as well. I moved her to a Graco high back Turbo, although I don't think it is very narrow, and it doesn't have latch or any other features a Britax, or a Diono might have (although the non latch of the TB has never bothered me and I have had to break quickly in traffic with no kid in the seat and it hasn't moved anywhere). You might check out the Safety First On Board Air Booster (I can't remember if that is the exact name), or the Harmony Dreamtime high back booster (I really like how the Cruz low back booster fits DD1, and DD1 likes it as well). I also think the Parkway could be a narrower choice, but almost all of the boys I know who have one all ended up switching to a Monterey or going back to a belted Frontier and were much happier.

edurnemk
11-21-2012, 03:06 PM
Thanks Annie, I'll look into those as well.