PDA

View Full Version : I guess I am a hateful bitch.

Carrots
11-21-2012, 04:02 PM
I am really not looking forward to tomorrow, sitting with my crazy in-laws and BIL. My parents are away. My Facebook friends are all blowing sunshine around about how thankful they are. I really want tomorrow to be over.

malphy
11-21-2012, 04:47 PM
You are not alone. I am feeling the same. I have the flu though so at least I will have lwgitimate reason to stay home alone. Hugs to you!

georgiegirl
11-21-2012, 05:04 PM
I knew from your title that it would be about the ILs. Mine make me feel the same way.

Be sure to drink lots of wine tomorrow!

Carrots
11-21-2012, 05:29 PM
Be sure to drink lots of wine tomorrow!

:):) I totally would, but my MIL is a functioning alcoholic, so I have to be on my toes in case she gets crazy with my kids. Maybe when we get home I will :54: :)

TG I don't have to travel and stay with the ILs. :shake:

hellokitty
11-21-2012, 07:10 PM
Carrots, I hope it goes quickly for you tomorrow. I get what you mean about spending holidays with dysfunctional, toxic family members. We have one on each side, so pretty much every holiday kind of sucks, since we take turns doing holidays with each side.

mackmama
11-22-2012, 09:56 PM
I am with you... The family stress this holiday is awful on my end too.

Carrots
11-22-2012, 09:57 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh. It is over.
In.
Eat.
Out.

4 hours.

See you next year, Thanksgiving!

hellokitty
11-22-2012, 10:54 PM
Lol, I'm glad you survived. I barely made it through without strangling my dad for being a total jerk. Thank goodness for wine and siblings who feel the same way. As usual, my dad spring a, "let's take a family portrait" on everybody. He does this every time we do a holiday get together and has the worse timing (littlest kids were all having meltdowns since it was close to bedtime and mine did not take a nap, so double whammy). Needless to say, the photo looks just as dysfunctional as it does every yr. Imagine, my brothers, me and our spouses all looking less than thrilled for having no notice and being bloated from eating a large meal and 5 manic kids, and my mom looking haggard for working in the kitchen all day. My dad is probably the only one really smiling and he is missing one of his front teeth. So, of all ppl he's the one who shouldn't be smiling, because he looks like an idiot.