PDA

View Full Version : Bad mom confession

s7714
11-21-2012, 07:20 PM
We were just outside cleaning up the garage. I looked away for seemingly seconds and look up to one of my DDs saying "look at DS!" (20 months) who has made it down the driveway and all the way across the street! :eek: :bag Thank heavens no cars came by, but OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG!!!!!!! Neither of my DDs ever even tried to go in the street so I guess I took it for granted that DS wouldn't, either. I feel nauseous now.

SnuggleBuggles
11-21-2012, 07:40 PM
Toddler boy breeds are a very busy one and get into trouble fast! I'm glad he's ok. Deep breaths!

wellyes
11-21-2012, 07:50 PM
Scary! I'm glad he's OK, hope your heart stops thumping before too long.

hillview
11-21-2012, 08:15 PM
how scary! Welcome to boy land!!

lhafer
11-21-2012, 08:22 PM
Glad all's okay!

It's not just boys though! Not long ago, DH and I had to put some stuff in our attic - which has the ladder type access in the garage. We are up there putting stuff away, and getting some clothes bins down. Our kids were in the living room watching a movie we thought.

Until we turned around and saw our 2 year old standing behind us up in the attic, barefoot!!! :47:

Active toddlers can sure make for some serious heart stopping moments!!

BabbyO
11-26-2012, 06:19 PM
I'm glad your DS is ok! I'll commiserate...though late to the game. Last month while DH was away on a business trip Stachio was in the basement playing with his trains and Peanut and I were in the living room. I was folding clothes. I heard him crawl into the kitchen, but wasn't worried because I *knew* the basement door was closed (we have a dutch door so I could still hear Stachio...and was confident he was still playing with his trains). Anyway, it wasn't more than 30 seconds later when I heard Stachio yell, "Peanut leave my trains alone!".

Apparently Stachio had come upstairs and left the door open unbeknownst to me and my 14 mo old managed to crawl down the fairly steep basement stairs by himself...mommy fail!

JBaxter
11-27-2012, 07:20 AM
Oh Jack lives there too? I feel for ya <3

swissair81
11-27-2012, 08:13 AM
I had 2 street runners- both girls. It was totally nerve wracking.

ladysoapmaker
11-27-2012, 03:34 PM
It's okay it does happen to the best of us.

DD#2 decided she wanted to go to the sitters and rode her tricycle. I realized she was gone and was heading to look for her as a cop pulled up with her in the car. She had gotten to one of the busy street corners and was waiting for the light to change to cross.... at age 2 1/2. :bag

She hasn't done it since and DS#1 got lectured by the cop for not helping us keep an eye on her.

When we go out in crowded spaces we leash her.

Jen

Mommy_Mea
11-27-2012, 04:13 PM
DS1 never strays, and so it is making it harder to get used to DS2 who is a big time runner. Before he started walking, he was already climbing, and I would find him on top of the kitchen counters in the blink of an eye. I think we will be getting use out of the monkey backpack/leash that was handed down from SIL!

So I feel you, you are not a bad mommy!!

elliput
11-27-2012, 04:25 PM
It's not just boys though!
:yeahthat:

When DD was 1.5y, she opened the gate from the back yard and was out in the street before I even realized she knew how to open the gate. My neighbor just happened to be out there and caught her as I was running down the drive way. She was going to check out what the workmen across the street were doing. My DS escaped the backyard when he was 2 by using the cozy coupe as a ladder to scale the picket fence. :eek: