PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for Leftover Turkey

speo
11-21-2012, 09:21 PM
We are going to end up with a lot of extra turkey. We will have a Thanksgiving redo meal on Friday, but we will still have extra turkey. Do you guys have any great recipes? Extra points for easy recipes!!!

I think I read somewhere about putting Thanksgiving leftovers layered into a pie crust. I think I might try that, but I would appreciate any other ideas. TIA!!!

meggie t
11-21-2012, 09:42 PM
I have made this a few times. Delicious!

Southwestern Turkey Casserole
http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/13664/recipesouthwestern-turkey-casserole

elbenn
11-21-2012, 10:46 PM
Emeril Lagasse's turkey tetrazzini is very yummy!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/turkey-tetrazzini-recipe/index.html

schrocat
11-21-2012, 10:53 PM
Emeril Lagasse's turkey tetrazzini is very yummy!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/turkey-tetrazzini-recipe/index.html

My 7 year old made Turkey Tetrazzini in cooking class. He's in charge of working with the leftover turkey this year.

lhafer
11-21-2012, 10:53 PM
You do do turkey sandwiches, right? Complete with stuffing, cranberry sauce, a little gravy, some miracle whip, touch of salt and pepper? Sounds disgusting, but it's oh so good!

katall
11-23-2012, 02:22 AM
4 oz cream cheese
2 tbs butter
2 cups turkey
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tbls milk
1 tbls chives
Mix these ingredients together and chill for 2 hours

8 oz cresent rolls
Put 2 rolls (triangles) together to form a rectangle. Fill with turkey mixture and enclose. Brush top with melted butter.

20- 25 min on 350

speo
11-23-2012, 12:36 PM
You do do turkey sandwiches, right? Complete with stuffing, cranberry sauce, a little gravy, some miracle whip, touch of salt and pepper? Sounds disgusting, but it's oh so good!

Yes we do sandwiches. So much better than deli meat!

I didn't feel like making soup this year so I was looking for something new. Thanks for the recipes!! I will try them out.

twowhat?
11-23-2012, 12:52 PM
Last year I made g-mama's chicken and dumpling soup, but with turkey. I plan to do the same this year if we have leftovers beyond open-faced sandwiches smothered in gravy!

boogiemom
11-23-2012, 07:40 PM
Allrecipes.com - cheater pot pie. One of the reviews combines cream if chicken soup with broth. Take that advice and it's delicious comfort food.

mousemom
11-23-2012, 11:08 PM
Depending how much you have, we love to freeze the extra for future meals/recipes.

sntm
11-23-2012, 11:11 PM
I always need a completely different flavor, no creamy bland stuff, so I usually make sopa de Lima - the lime is so refreshing

Pepper
11-24-2012, 09:05 PM
Pumpkin Turkey Black Bean Chili - originally posted on the now-defunct Gail's Recipe Swap at Epicurious. Made a batch of this today (Note; you can sub cooked, pureed butternut or other winter squash for the can of pumpkin. I bet pureed baked sweet potato would even work).

2 T oil
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
1 ½ t dried oregano
1 ½ t ground cumin
1 ½ t chili powder
3 cups beef broth
1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained
1 can (14 ½ oz.) diced tomatoes, not drained
1 can (16 oz.) pumpkin
2 ½ cups chopped cooked turkey
½ cup cream sherry
¼ t salt
Dash of ground pepper

Heat oil in Dutch oven or large pot over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and peppers. Saute until quite soft, about 8 minutes. Stir in oregano, cumin, and chili powder and cook for 1 more minute.

Add broth, beans, tomatoes, pumpkin, turkey, sherry, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil while stirring constantly. Lower heat to a simmer and cook for 45 minutes, over low heat.

ETA: I use turkey broth, amde from the leftover turkey carcass. You could use chicken broth instead if you don't have beef broth on hand.

jerigirl
11-24-2012, 09:51 PM
I bet Gmama's chicken and dumpling recipe would be just as good with turkey!