PDA

View Full Version : Tooth Fairy FAIL :(

WatchingThemGrow
11-22-2012, 07:36 AM
Ugh. It's only the 5th tooth we've dealt with, and we forgot! What a horrible feeling.

We have a good excuse, though. DD has a special "tooth pillow" (aka pillow made by her cousin, we sewed a little pocket on it) that we couldn't find last night. We will have to find it tonight as we move to the new place. No fair losing teeth at 8:30pm, way past bedtime, thus giving parents the opportunity to forget. Does the guilt go away?

KrisM
11-22-2012, 07:44 AM
Oh, that's hard. We haven't forgotten yet, but it worries me so much that we will. Find the pillow and it'll be all good tomorrow!

DrSally
11-22-2012, 07:53 AM
I've done that. I told him the Tf has a dY off, just like other people, and will be back to work tomorrow. Felt terrible, but he happily bought it.

billysmommy
11-22-2012, 09:04 AM
That happened to us a couple times with Ds1 when he was younger, he's 9.5 now.
The funny thing is he asked a couple of months ago if the tooth fairy was really us. We told him the truth and he was fine with it. A couple of days later he came in to snuggle with DH and I one morning and said that things were all starting to make sense. We asked what he meant and he said - Remember that time I thought the tooth fairy forgot but you went to look and said you found it under my bed. Or the time she took the whole pouch with the tooth and then she brought it back when I lost my next tooth but the old tooth was still in it. Now that I know it was you guys, it all makes sense :)
He told us he would help us be the tooth fairy for Ds2 so these things wouldn't happen again..lol

stefani
11-22-2012, 12:01 PM
That happened to us a couple times with Ds1 when he was younger, he's 9.5 now.
The funny thing is he asked a couple of months ago if the tooth fairy was really us. We told him the truth and he was fine with it. A couple of days later he came in to snuggle with DH and I one morning and said that things were all starting to make sense. We asked what he meant and he said - Remember that time I thought the tooth fairy forgot but you went to look and said you found it under my bed. Or the time she took the whole pouch with the tooth and then she brought it back when I lost my next tooth but the old tooth was still in it. Now that I know it was you guys, it all makes sense :)
He told us he would help us be the tooth fairy for Ds2 so these things wouldn't happen again..lol

How cute, sweet, and great deductive reasoning!
DS who is 9 years old starts doubting Tooth Fairy and Santa. I am OK with it but DH keeps saying that if he doesn't believe then he doesn't get presents (never big/ much anyway, but still....).

AnnieW625
11-22-2012, 12:07 PM
We forgot the second one, but the tooth fairy came the next day.

TamiRuns
11-22-2012, 12:11 PM
We forgot - it was DS1's 3rd tooth. I felt horrible, like the worst mom ever!

We explained the TF must have been very busy but she would *probably* make it up to him. Yep, double the cash and he totally forgave the TF! :ROTFLMAO:

Piglet
11-22-2012, 01:36 PM
We forgot last time as well so we outright told DS2 (age 7) that there was no TF and he promptly told us we were wrong. DS1 (age 11) and DD (age 5) were there and were totally completely not shocked by the lack of TF. DD didn't even bat an eye. DS2 is still telling us that he believes in the TF no matter what we say!?

SnuggleBuggles
11-22-2012, 02:12 PM
I'd probably spin it that the TF took Thanksgiving off. :)

g-mama
11-22-2012, 03:11 PM
Does the guilt go away?

Absolutely, it does. My kids have come to expect that the tooth fairy comes sometime within the first WEEK after the tooth is lost. I'm not kidding.

karstmama
11-22-2012, 07:32 PM
have the tf write him a teeny tiny note that losing the tooth so late meant she couldn't get him in her route last night.

Melbel
11-22-2012, 07:54 PM
We had plenty of missed runs between our two big kids. One time the TF was helping the Easter Bunny (it was Easter). Another time, the TF got caught in a tropical storm in the area. It is hard to keep up with all of the lost teeth when they start falling out frequently and we are sooo tired. We always wrote notes, so there was an "explanation". The kids rolled with it fine.

KrisM
11-22-2012, 08:20 PM
We did the 'to late to get here' thing when DD lost a tooth at 3am. She woke up, pulled it out, and woke me up to tell me. Ugh. I got it done, but she wasn't expecting it.

We often do small gifts or things instead of money. DS1 just lost #11 this week. I gave him the newest Diary of a Wimpy kid book. It completely took away his doubting of the tooth fairy! He was so excited, and told me it couldn't be bought anywhere yet and at the book fair, they had to order it! But, wow the TF brought it to him. I was so happy. I want another year or two just for DS2's sake!

WatchingThemGrow
11-22-2012, 09:23 PM
Great stories! Thanks for sharing. I dug the pillow out of some stuff in the basement, and I tossed it into the washer. It's in the dryer now, and hopefully DH and I don't forget again tonight! We are in the middle of packing for a move, and I'm afraid we may forget again!

c914
11-22-2012, 11:03 PM
we forgot to have the tooth fairy visit (DH usually takes care of this and he got home from work late missing bedtime).....the following morning without missing a beat he told DS that we forgot to log it on the toothfairy's website that we were due for a visit.