PDA

View Full Version : Babybug, Cricket, etc. 50% off and 26% ebates

keliahmom
11-22-2012, 07:42 PM
At magazines.com, many of the Carus Publishing kids magazines (Babybug, Ladybug, Spider, Cricket, Muse, Odyssey, etc.) are 50% off, plus go through ebates for 26% back. Sale ends 11/25.

HTH!

ckso
11-22-2012, 07:54 PM
At magazines.com, many of the Carus Publishing kids magazines (Babybug, Ladybug, Spider, Cricket, Muse, Odyssey, etc.) are 50% off, plus go through ebates for 26% back. Sale ends 11/25.

HTH!

Is there a code to use? When I looked it up, Cricket for example was only 25% off

keliahmom
11-22-2012, 09:13 PM
Make sure that you click through the banner on magazines.com that says Black Friday 50% off Sale, then the 16.98 price should show up.

HTH!

CallieA
11-22-2012, 10:13 PM
I'm also having trouble finding it. Anyone have a direct link or any other hints? I'd love to take advantage of this offer!

Cuckoomamma
11-22-2012, 11:14 PM
Usually ebates doubles the 26% on black friday. You should hold off for tomorrow, just in case.

corrie23
11-22-2012, 11:36 PM
Make sure that you click through the banner on magazines.com that says Black Friday 50% off Sale, then the 16.98 price should show up.

HTH!

Thank you for posting. I'd gotten the direct email about the 50% off sale but couldn't figure out how to combine it with ebates. This is the best price I've ever seen on these magazines and we've been subscribers to many of them (Ladybug, Babybug, Click, Appleseeds, Faces, Ask, etc.) for years. Holding off to see if it will work tomorrow with the BF mags.com increased % back through ebates. Fingers crossed!

ett
11-23-2012, 01:00 AM
I'm also having trouble finding it. Anyone have a direct link or any other hints? I'd love to take advantage of this offer!

Try this link.
http://www.magazines.com/special-offers/black-friday,default,sc.html?origin=pb_blackfriday500ff

Cuckoomamma
11-23-2012, 01:01 AM
It's live...52% back on magazines.com!!

keliahmom
11-23-2012, 02:21 AM
After you order, don't forget to go to your account on magazines.com under Subscriptions and change Automatic Renewal to Manual Renewal.

These are wonderful, ad-free kids magazines at a great price!

ahisma
11-23-2012, 02:29 AM
I ordered 2 magazines under the 26% rebate...and picked the wrong one for one (I can call to switch it) I wonder if it's worth canceling tomorrow and reordering. Has anyone cancelled an order with magazines.com before?

ett
11-23-2012, 02:34 AM
I ordered 2 magazines under the 26% rebate...and picked the wrong one for one (I can call to switch it) I wonder if it's worth canceling tomorrow and reordering. Has anyone cancelled an order with magazines.com before?

I've cancelled an order when I forgot to change the auto renewal and they renewed my subscription. It was quick and easy.

sdoyle
11-23-2012, 02:54 AM
I have never seen any of these magazines. Which ones would you guys recommend? i have a 4yo DS and a 6yo DD.

Thanks!

Stacy

corrie23
11-23-2012, 02:56 AM
Thank you! We just renewed so many subscriptions (and added a couple). Absolutely fantastic deal on some of the best magazines that we've ever found for our kids.

corrie23
11-23-2012, 02:58 AM
I have never seen any of these magazines. Which ones would you guys recommend? i have a 4yo DS and a 6yo DD.

Thanks!

Stacy

Ladybug (literature) and Click (science) were among the favorites at those ages.

sdoyle
11-23-2012, 03:07 AM
Ladybug (literature) and Click (science) were among the favorites at those ages.

Thank you!

Stacy

CallieA
11-23-2012, 08:23 AM
Thank you for the link! I renewed our subscriptions to Spider and Appleseeds - and decided to try Ask too. Thanks very much!

Momit
11-23-2012, 08:34 AM

Ditto on Ladybug. DS gets it from his grandparents every year and loves it. We haven't tried Click yet - may get it with this sale. Thanks, OP.

oneplustwo
11-23-2012, 10:50 AM
Great deal on some great magazines! Thanks, OP, for posting. We've had some of these magazines over time and my kids are ready for the older ones now.

infomama
11-23-2012, 10:52 AM
Love these magazines. Signed up for Ebates, too.

goldenpig
11-23-2012, 12:11 PM
Thanks OP! It looks like I got our magazines last year (Ladybug, Click, Highlights High Five) with the same BF 52% ebates deal but they just expired. This year I moved DD up to the next level (Spider, Ask & Highlights) and got a Thomas the Train magazine for DS. Oh, and In Style and People Style Watch for me. And The Week and Mental Floss to combat the brain rot from the fashion mags. ;)

jgenie
11-23-2012, 01:33 PM
Code : THANKFUL takes $5 off some subscriptions. Expires 11/30

squimp
11-23-2012, 01:54 PM
Thanks so much for posting this - DD has wanted a renewal of Spider and I also tried Muse for her. The discounted price was $13.xx and then ebates gave an additional 52% off, so that is a pretty incredible deal for these excellent quality magazines - I've been subscribing for years and have never seen such great deals.

abh5e8
11-23-2012, 02:16 PM
so bumed...i;m not seeing Spider or Ladybug on the 50% off BF sale. how are you all getting those?

Ladybug47
11-23-2012, 02:20 PM
What grown-up ladies' magazines do you recommend? Is Marie Claire any good? Anyone have any recommendations for me to order for myself?

jgenie
11-23-2012, 02:24 PM
so bumed...i;m not seeing Spider or Ladybug on the 50% off BF sale. how are you all getting those?

Did you try the link up thread? That's how I got it and I just placed my order about 20 mins ago.

jgenie
11-23-2012, 02:25 PM
What grown-up ladies' magazines do you recommend? Is Marie Claire any good? Anyone have any recommendations for me to order for myself?

I really enjoy People magazine. I also like Guideposts.

theriviera
11-23-2012, 02:27 PM
Did you try the link up thread? That's how I got it and I just placed my order about 20 mins ago.

I'm not seeing it either. I tried the banner as well.

jgenie
11-23-2012, 02:32 PM
I'm not seeing it either. I tried the banner as well.

Try the link in post #7. I can still see them for $16.98 - with Ebates you would save an additional 52% on top of that.

jgenie
11-23-2012, 02:36 PM
Any recs? TIA

ahisma
11-23-2012, 02:59 PM
There are 3 rotating banners. The sale you need is linked through banner #2.

You can go to the publisher's website to look inside the various magazines. They're also sorted there by recommended age, which is helpful.

Ladybug47
11-23-2012, 03:35 PM
Anyone else having issues with placing an order and then not being able to see it in their Order History or see their subscriptions in their Subscription list? I placed an order, got an order number, but then nothing showed up in my Order History and I called customer service. They said they couldn't find me in their system. So I placed the order again, got another order number, and the same thing happened -- no Order History or Subscription list. I called CS again and basically got the same result -- they couldn't find my order or me in the system using my order number, zip code, e-mail address, last 4 digits of CC, etc. This is aggravating! Is my order placed or not?? They told me to just wait a little bit and then sign in again and see if they show up, because the system might be overlogged or something.

I went through ebates.com, so I don't want them to place my order again over the phone -- I don't want to miss out on the 52% cash back ebates deal!

jgenie
11-23-2012, 03:39 PM
Anyone else having issues with placing an order and then not being able to see it in their Order History or see their subscriptions in their Subscription list? I placed an order, got an order number, but then nothing showed up in my Order History and I called customer service. They said they couldn't find me in their system. So I placed the order again, got another order number, and the same thing happened -- no Order History or Subscription list. I called CS again and basically got the same result -- they couldn't find my order or me in the system using my order number, zip code, e-mail address, last 4 digits of CC, etc. This is aggravating! Is my order placed or not?? They told me to just wait a little bit and then sign in again and see if they show up, because the system might be overlogged or something.

I went through ebates.com, so I don't want them to place my order again over the phone -- I don't want to miss out on the 52% cash back ebates deal!

My order didn't show up initially but it's there now. I can see it under orders but not under subscriptions. GL

ett
11-23-2012, 03:42 PM

I was just on the phone with CS about this same problem. I am positive I got the order confirmation page, but I got no email and it didn't show up in my order history. I also forgot to print out the confirmation page and can't get to it now. I called CS and they said it looks like my order was not finished, but the charge is showing up pending on my credit card account. He told me to wait a while to see if it shows up. Hopefully, it is just their system getting overloaded because I do really want the 52% cashback!

Ladybug47
11-23-2012, 03:54 PM
ett,

Same with me! I didn't get an order confirmation e-mail at all, but got order numbers (one of which I wrote down, but they can't find it in their system). And the two charges are pending on my card as well. Now I have to monitor those charges and make sure they both don't go through. If it goes through at all, I just want one order, not two!

Ladybug47
11-23-2012, 04:01 PM
Okay, one of mine just showed up in Order History -- it was the second/latest order attempt, though, not the first.

lissa~K
11-23-2012, 04:03 PM
I was just checking this thread for the same problem. Paypal is showing the charge but it hasn't shown up on the website or in my email. Of course I forgot to print the receipt as well. I'm hoping it shows up later today.

ett
11-23-2012, 04:09 PM
I just got email confirmation and the order showed up in my account. It's been about 45 minutes since I placed my order.

Momit
11-23-2012, 04:34 PM
My email confirmation also came about an hour after I ordered.

Ladybug47
11-23-2012, 04:37 PM
Okay, both of my orders ended up showing up (my original and my duplicate attempt), and I called to cancel one of them. The other one ended up then showing up as a renewal because it was the second one placed, and the CS guy said he wasn't sure I would still get the magazines because it just didn't look right. So, he cancelled the second one as well and I went back in through ebates and placed the order fresh. Now I'll just be patient and wait an hour or so to get the confirmation email and to switch my subscription renewal option to manual in my account settings.

So, if you've placed an order, I think you can just trust that it did go through and wait an hour or so until it shows up. CS said their systems are just moving really slowly because it's their busiest day of the year.

lissa~K
11-23-2012, 04:40 PM
My order finally just showed up and I ordered a few hours ago. Can anyone tell me if ebates is supposed to be showing up now, or did I do something wrong?

jam224
11-23-2012, 04:43 PM
Thanks, everybody! Got the BF deal through ebates on Babybug for DD. She LOVES to read, so I'm sure she'll love a magazine just for her! :thumbsup:

After you order, don't forget to go to your account on magazines.com under Subscriptions and change Automatic Renewal to Manual Renewal.

These are wonderful, ad-free kids magazines at a great price!

Thanks for the heads up! I'll have to go back into my account and change that after my order goes through.

Suebell
11-23-2012, 05:06 PM
I have to stop coming to Bargain Alert - my amex is going to burst into flames! lol. Thanks for posting!!

jent
11-23-2012, 06:31 PM
This is a great deal! DD currently gets Ladybug and loves it.

Our current subscription is a gift- does anyone know if it's possible to order the next one as a renewal?

Except we are at the ILs and I don't have our subscription info.

abh5e8
11-23-2012, 06:42 PM
Try this link.
http://www.magazines.com/special-offers/black-friday,default,sc.html?origin=pb_blackfriday500ff

so is the deal dead? on this link, i can't find ladybug or spider or baby bug. i did see click, muse, appleseed and a few others.

LMPC
11-23-2012, 07:04 PM
so is the deal dead? on this link, i can't find ladybug or spider or baby bug. i did see click, muse, appleseed and a few others.

No it seems to be still working. Go to ebates and look at the first link for magazines.com. It's the one for "door buster 50%" sale. It will take you to the deal.

Mirthful
11-23-2012, 07:31 PM
OP, thanks so much for posting!! For those on the fence, this is a GREAT deal - I've been renewing my DD1s subscription for 3 years now and this is the lowest I've gotten it for!!

This is a great deal! DD currently gets Ladybug and loves it.

Our current subscription is a gift- does anyone know if it's possible to order the next one as a renewal?

Except we are at the ILs and I don't have our subscription info.

You don't need the subscription info. If the name and address are the same, they'll automatically turn it into a renewal. The only problem comes if something is a little off on the name or address - this happened to us last year (first time in 3 years) and customer service was great about fixing it when we began getting two.

Just FYI, CricketMag is great about letting you change the magazine whenever you want. So, even if you order Click and really want Ladybug instead, you can just call them.
From their website:
Cricket Guarantee: You can transfer your subscription among any of our kids' magazines at NO COST. You can cancel at any time and request a refund for issues that haven't shipped yet by contacting 1-800-821-0115.

HTH!

ett
11-23-2012, 08:09 PM

I see them there. There's 4 pages (63 magazines) total.

infomama
11-23-2012, 09:02 PM
Just placed my order and I didn't write down the order number (I never do!). Came here to see if anyone else was having problems and ack...some are! I haven't received an email yet. My order is not showing in order history either. Guess I will stop looking for it and just check in the morning.

jent
11-23-2012, 09:05 PM
I ordered, it didn't show up in my order history at first either, just checked back now (1.5 hr later) and it was there. Able to change for. Automatic to manual renewal too, thanks for the tip or I would have missed that.

Pretty sure DD's original ladybug subscription was an Xmas gift last year so hoping it doesn't overlap.

infomama
11-23-2012, 09:12 PM
Hey! Got an email after all. Cool!

RedSuedeShoes
11-23-2012, 11:20 PM
Thanks, OP! I've been wanting to try out these magazines for my kids for a long time, but didn't want to pay that much. So happy to have seen this offer!

shoxie
11-23-2012, 11:53 PM
Thanks, OP! I've been wanting to try out these magazines for my kids for a long time, but didn't want to pay that much. So happy to have seen this offer!

:yeahthat: Thanks so much for posting as I never would have noticed the deal otherwise!!

junebaby07
11-24-2012, 06:14 PM
I am seeing some of the kids mags, but spider and baby bug aren't on my 50 percent off list. They show as 25 percent off. Anyway to change that?

junebaby07
11-24-2012, 09:14 PM
I think I got mine to work with the 26% ebates! do you think ebates will go back to 52% for cyber monday?

ett
11-24-2012, 10:25 PM
I think I got mine to work with the 26% ebates! do you think ebates will go back to 52% for cyber monday?

Perhaps, but the 50% off sale is only until Sunday.

zoestargrove
11-25-2012, 05:51 AM
I received an email from ebates a full day later to notify me of my pending rebate with magazines.com. Before that, they had nothing listed under my account.

Thanks OP! I tried a whole bunch of new magazines I've had my eye on for the kids, most of which are ad free and normally in the $40 range for just one subscription.

I ended up ordering

Dig
Muse
Discover Kids
National Geographic Kids
Cobblestone

essnce629
11-25-2012, 07:58 AM
Thanks! I just ordered Ladybug for DS2 (3 yrs old) and Cricket, Odyssey, and Muse for DS1 (9 yrs old). I remember asking about the best magazine for DS1 three years ago but I never ended up ordering anything!

Ladybug47
11-25-2012, 10:50 AM
Yes, what a great deal! Thank you, OP, for posting this!

I got Click, Ladybug, and Highlights High Five for the kids, and People for myself (I had wanted it but wasn't down with paying more than $100 for a magazine subscription) -- the 52% cash back made it extra worth it!

teresah00
12-07-2012, 01:26 AM
I got emails from magazine.com , one was for a $5 gift card, the other $10. When you click in the link in the bottom of the email it gives you an option to redeem for cash. FYI in case you overlooked If you got an email

JenRay507
12-07-2012, 01:46 AM
I got emails from magazine.com , one was for a $5 gift card, the other $10. When you click in the link in the bottom of the email it gives you an option to redeem for cash. FYI in case you overlooked If you got an email

Thanks for pointing this out! I got those same emails, but never would have noticed the cash option. If those checks actually show up, the two subscriptions I got are practically free! Thanks to you and OP!