PDA

View Full Version : Good 2-wheel scooter for 5yr. old?

newg
11-22-2012, 11:17 PM
I know the maxi-kick scooter is really the "best" scooter out there.......but what are my options for a good two-wheeled scooter for a 5yr. old.

She has a radio flyer three wheeled scooter now...........which I know is nothing like the maxi-kick; but I'm not sure DD1 (or DH) will want another three-wheeled scooter no matter what I say....DH will gag at the price, and DD1 wants to scoot like the big kids around us.

lhafer
11-23-2012, 07:03 AM
My DD had a mini maxi kick scooter. Last year for her 5th b'day I upgraded her to an A3 razor scooter (~$45 on amazon). She had asked for a bigger maxi kick scooter, but I was trying to save money. She hates it. As in, a year later it's been used a handful of times and looks brand new. I'm trying to sell it. This year for Christmas she's getting a maxi kick scooter. It will be her big gift.

That said, I have friends whose kids went from a mini maxi kick scooter to razor scooters without an issue.

carolinamama
11-24-2012, 12:20 PM
DS1 never even had a mini/maxi. He went straight to the Razor scooters (the cheap one - it was a gift from a neighbor) around 4-4.5 without any trouble. It seems fine for him and it's what the other kids around us are riding too. DS2 got a mini last Christmas and loves it. Honestly though we will probably go with a Razor for him too when he asks for it since that's what big brother has.

nfowife
11-24-2012, 12:28 PM
Both my kids have the razor A3 (got it for $20 on amazon last year) and have loved it. We never had a mini/maxi kick scooter either so I don't know what we're missing.

KrisM
11-24-2012, 12:30 PM
We've only had Razors and mine were on the 2-wheels from age 4 or so. The basic ones. Although DS1 needs something new this year as his feet are getting too big for his.