PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions/reviews/deals on Fruit of the Month club?

sewarsh
11-23-2012, 01:08 AM
We'd like to do this for FIL.
Was thinking Harry & David but open to others that anyone recommends.

Also, any good deals will help seal the deal. :)

SnuggleBuggles
11-23-2012, 08:58 AM
We've never done the fruit of the month but we have been very happy with the Harry and David baskets we have purchased.

anonomom
11-23-2012, 09:26 AM
I got a H & D fruit of the month for my birthday, and I really like it. The nectarines and apples we got were the best I'd ever eaten. Only thing is they're really expensive!

sewarsh
11-23-2012, 10:28 AM
I got a H & D fruit of the month for my birthday, and I really like it. The nectarines and apples we got were the best I'd ever eaten. Only thing is they're really expensive!

Yeah! Tell me about it!! Even with coupons it $190 a year whcih is about $15 a month - one month you only get 1 pineapple and one month you only get 6 strawberries. really??? are they THAT good?

sewarsh
11-27-2012, 05:24 PM
bump!!
any other suggestions??

GvilleGirl
11-27-2012, 05:30 PM
I don't know about the other fruit, but I LOVE their pears. I really have a hard time buying pears in the store.

willow33
11-27-2012, 05:34 PM
We get fruit every month thanks to my in-laws :) it's pricey, but really high quality and they will replace any fruit that is rotten or soft at delivery. I've seen some codes around!

Olivia1094
11-27-2012, 06:29 PM
sewarsh-

I have a H&D code for 10% off $49, 15% off $99, and 20% off $199. Actually I have two. PM me if you'd like one.

Anyone else need one?

cookiemonster80
11-27-2012, 06:52 PM
Yeah! Tell me about it!! Even with coupons it $190 a year whcih is about $15 a month - one month you only get 1 pineapple and one month you only get 6 strawberries. really??? are they THAT good?

They really are- I would LOVE one as a gift- really wish they had better deals- I have never had a bad fruit experience with Harry and David- only completely and utterly delicious.

Madelyn
11-27-2012, 07:10 PM
$15 /month for Harry and David (as a prior posted mentioned) doesn't seem that bad. I never have seemed to find coupon codes THAT good. I have received fruit as a gift from Pittman & Davis and the fruit we got (oranges and grapefruit) were good. They list their club options here http://www.pittmandavis.com/Club_Plan_Gifts_12.html
Cheapest 12 month plan is $243 (don't know if there are coupon codes). Cheapest plan on Harry and David is also around $240 but when I add it to the cart and checkout, they add $71 for shipping! Pittman & Davis price includes shipping. Pittman and Davis also has a 3 month plan for around $70 w/ shipping. But maybe Harry and David has some really good coupon codes out there. Also found www.cherrymoonfarms.com and they have Organic fruit but I have no prior experience with them.

Chitowngirl
11-28-2012, 01:45 AM
I've sent the fruit of the month gift to my day three times out of the past four years. He loves the fruit and its a good gift for someone who I find hard to shop for. It is expensive, but every time I've ad a free shipping coupon and ts applied to all 12 months. I had to pay the base fee with no coupon/discount but no shipping fees. I recommend keeping your eyes open and waiting to see if tey have the coupon again this year.

Jai
11-28-2012, 04:36 PM
I gave my husband a fruit of the month gift one year from
http://www.amazingclubs.com/fruit.html

We really enjoyed it. I gave it to my mom one year also.