PDA

View Full Version : Ralph Lauren Greenwich Monogrammed Towels: Hand Towel $5.77, Bath Towel $7.87 & More

Melbel
11-23-2012, 09:00 AM
http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4193256&cp=2943771.10889116&ab=ln_nodivision_cs5_30%25offpersonalizedgifts&view=99&s=A-StorePrice-POLO&pg=1&parentPage=family

These are the same towels that Horchow carried for the great towel deal a year or so ago. I was happy with the quality (particularly at this price point for a monogrammed towel).

Pennylane
11-23-2012, 09:35 AM
http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4193256&cp=2943771.10889116&ab=ln_nodivision_cs5_30%25offpersonalizedgifts&view=99&s=A-StorePrice-POLO&pg=1&parentPage=family

These are the same towels that Horchow carried for the great towel deal a year or so ago. I was happy with the quality (particularly at this price point for a monogrammed towel).

What initials do you get monogrammed on them? I was thinking my DH first name, mine, and last? They would be for get bathrooms.

Thanks for posting !
Ann

Melbel
11-23-2012, 10:08 AM
What initials do you get monogrammed on them? I was thinking my DH first name, mine, and last? They would be for get bathrooms.

Thanks for posting !
Ann

We tend to monogram initials (First, Last, Middle with Last name initial larger)

Pennylane
11-23-2012, 10:51 AM
We tend to monogram initials (First, Last, Middle with Last name initial larger)

But if you are putting them in a guest bath, whose initials do you use? Your DH'S? Sorry if this is a stupid question :)

Ann

Melbel
11-23-2012, 11:11 AM
But if you are putting them in a guest bath, whose initials do you use? Your DH'S? Sorry if this is a stupid question :)

Ann

You can do one for him and one for her with individual initials, or a married couple initials. We have done Wife's First Name Initial, Shared Last Name Initial, Husbands First Name Initial

Here is the official etiquette:

A married couple has a choice of three types of monograms, traditional, modern and single initial.

A traditional monogram for a married couple reading the monogram from left to right:

1) Wife’s first name initial.

2) Husband’s last name initial. This initial is larger than the initials on each side of it.

3) Wife’s maiden name initial.

A modern monogram for a married couple reading the monogram from left to right:

1) Wife’s first name initial.

2) Husband’s last name initial. This initial is larger than the first name initials on each side of it.

3) Husband’s first name initial.

A single initial monogram for a married couple is the first initial of the husband’s last name.

An engaged couple should never use the married monogram until after the wedding ceremony.

These are the basic rules for monograms. Additional guidelines do exist for situations such as the bride keeping her maiden name and will be discussed in separate entries.

Pennylane
11-23-2012, 12:29 PM
Thanks! Sorry to ask so many questions!

Ann

Melbel
11-23-2012, 12:36 PM
Thanks! Sorry to ask so many questions!

Ann

Happy to help. :)