PDA

View Full Version : Yes DH I realize that wasn't the best thing to say...

kellyd
11-23-2012, 12:38 PM
YES I realize telling your mom not to go into the kids room or she'd break her neck wasn't the smartest thing to say yesterday... but better that than let her walk in there and find the mess unaware. If YOU had spent more time helping me than playing w/ your new media center perhaps we would have had time to clean their room in addition to the rest of the house. I spent SO much time the 3 days before T-day in the kitchen that OUR kids managed to destroy the house... they took every single toy out, nearly flooded our bathroom, emptied my dresser, emptied their dressers... all while you happily played w/ your new computer set up... then when I flipped you were so tired you could barely help... and in the hour yes HOUR it took me to clean our 15X27 livingroom w/ 3 "helpers" you cleaned a 6/8 bathroom... REALLY? oh and yeah... you moved clothes around in the washer and dryer... but you only get 1/2 credit for that since you did even FOLD what you took out of the dryer... you left it on our bed for me to deal w/ before I could sleep.

I realize this is 2 days overdue... but I was so busy and then so tired I didn't get to post it... and I'm still so ticked I can not believe it happened!

twowhat?
11-23-2012, 12:45 PM
Sigh. I hear ya. After spending the entire day yesterday cleaning AND cooking AND cleaning up after the cooking while DH lay around on the couch or the bed watching TV, and then spending all this morning cleaning up the remainder of the kitchen mess, he has no right to snap at me about anything else around the house that isn't put away yet. And yet somehow he thinks he does.

Seitvonzu
11-24-2012, 01:43 PM
my DH's parents were coming... he helped in the eleventh hour, a little. (compared to my days of preparations). then he got snippy with me when i was not super cheerful about things and got frustrated. sometimes, DH's are not awesome!

minnie-zb
11-25-2012, 04:05 PM
Goodness...I can totally relate to your situation. I hope your weekend has improved!

gatorsmom
11-25-2012, 09:05 PM
I'm sorry your DH want more helpful. I don't think it's a bad thing to say at all not to go in a certain room. I would have said it and HAVE said it before to family. Moms just don't always have time to clean every nook and cranny before family comes. Particularly when dads don't help, kwim? ;)