PDA

View Full Version : Does Walmart price match online store?

liz
11-23-2012, 02:58 PM
My friend picked up a toy at walmart for me. Online the price is cheaper but the item can only be purchased in store (no option to buy online). Would walmart match the price if I printed a screen grab and brought it in?

Minnifer
11-23-2012, 03:08 PM
I looked into this recently and it seems not. This is the text from the Q&A found at this link: http://corporate.walmart.com/frequently-asked-questions

Why are prices different in stores vs. online?

The merchandise and prices available on our website do not reflect the merchandise and prices available in our stores. Our stores will not match prices with our online store (or other online stores) because we do not consider them to be in competition with our retail stores. Currently, we do not have access to store inventory lists or price lists at this website. Please contact your local Walmart store manager for more information and availability.

liz
11-23-2012, 10:23 PM
Thanks, I figured that was the case but was hoping someone had a better experience.

FTR, I was stalking the Leapster 2 on black friday sale for 20$. Well this morning it was mysteriously showing up as 12$ online without an option for online purchase, only instore. My friend was able to buy one instore for 20$. Well it looks like it went on sale online for 12$ while I was making dinner and of course it is now OOS online and back to instore purchase only. I truly hope some BBBers got lucky and got the Leapster 2 for 12$!

kellij
11-23-2012, 10:59 PM
Thanks, I figured that was the case but was hoping someone had a better experience.

FTR, I was stalking the Leapster 2 on black friday sale for 20$. Well this morning it was mysteriously showing up as 12$ online without an option for online purchase, only instore. My friend was able to buy one instore for 20$. Well it looks like it went on sale online for 12$ while I was making dinner and of course it is now OOS online and back to instore purchase only. I truly hope some BBBers got lucky and got the Leapster 2 for 12$!

I got it for $21 in store and was thrilled with that price, we just discovered ours is broken yesterday. I saw on sd that someone said WM knows it's a price mistake and is canceling the orders. Who knows, 12 would be amazing.

paysensmom
11-23-2012, 11:25 PM
They won't do it. I purchased a swimming pool online this summer that was $100 cheaper online. I tried to get them to price match it, but they wouldn't do it. So, I ordered on my phone at the store and waited a week for it to arrive.