PDA

View Full Version : New Hot Wheels vs. Darda vs. Blu track thread

MizMojoLaveau
11-24-2012, 12:04 PM
I did read some previous reviews on this board. I am looking to start a set and was just wondering if anyone had updated opinions on these after having them a while. I see that Hot Wheels track might be easier to find in a B&M store (so relatives could add to our set for Christmas), but might not be best. Looking for an almost 7 year old DS (and 3.5 YO DS). I can check Tuesday Morning for Darda but I see that that was a year ago that people found them there, so not sure if I would have any luck.

MizMojoLaveau
11-24-2012, 12:05 PM
I do see that the trik tracks from hotwheels seem to get a little better reviews, but haven't looked, so don't know how readily available they are...

redhookmom
11-25-2012, 10:42 AM
We have been through them all with my older son who has not outgrown toys. (sniff, sniff) But, the Darda tracks are still in the back of his closet waiting for a another child to play with them. They don't break, they are not frustrating, and they get played with a lot. I would give the relatives something easier to find in the stores and get the Darda tracks.

ahisma
11-25-2012, 01:01 PM
We have Hot Wheels tracks and the BluTrak. We greatly prefer the BluTrak, although the Hot Wheels track isn't problematic for us, just more limiting.

DS1 took the BluTrak to school and it was a huge hit. They got out some stop watches, made charts, made predictions - it was a whole thing. Hat's off to his teacher who put all of that together not even knowing that he was going to show up with it.:rotflmao:

This year I may add on some ramps and a couple of Darda cars to it...but I may just leave well enough along since they love it just how it is now (we have the 18' track and use it with regular matchbox / hot wheel cars)

MizMojoLaveau
11-27-2012, 10:28 AM
Thanks so much for the advice. So, what is so special about the Darda cars vs. regular hotwheels? It looks like they are bigger?

kristac
11-27-2012, 05:46 PM
Darda are the same size as hotwheels but they have a pullback motor.

http://dardatoys.com/

gatorsmom
11-27-2012, 11:26 PM
Darda are the same size as hotwheels but they have a pullback motor.

http://dardatoys.com/

They are really fast and can do some very impressive upside down loops.

Another vote here for the Darda track.