PDA

View Full Version : Crazy 8, really??

liz
11-24-2012, 12:25 PM
I just got this email today:

Thank you for your recent order with The Crazy 8 Online Store. Our records indicate that on order number XXXXXXX violated our Limit on Purchase policy. Crazy 8 has a Limit on Purchase policy that limits purchases to five (5) item per style, per color, per customer and/or address (excluding “stock accessories”), regardless of size of the merchandise. This policy is enforced consistently on orders that do not meet the above requirements.

To ensure further orders are processed successfully, we encourage you to review the policy located on the “Terms of Use” section of www.crazy8.com . Be sure future orders do not include more than 5 of each style. Please note: the policy applies to each style per customer and/or address, for the life time of the item. Going forward if any of your orders violate the policy, they will be cancelled.

Frist of all, let me state that I was not aware of this policy. I ordered 6 pair of jeans for DS1 and 6 for DS2 and 1 for DS3 during the black friday sales. Really? What can I say, the boys live in jeans and I am constantly doing laundry. I have never heard of a limit on clothing before. jeez. Not liking the fact that I can be banned from the online store over such a silly policy.

ett
11-24-2012, 12:37 PM
Gymboree has had the same policy for years. It was to prevent people from buying for resale. It is annoying though, when you just want to buy for your own kids.

MamaInMarch
11-24-2012, 01:27 PM
I belong to a Gymboree board and have seen it talked about there. Apparently Abercrombie has a similar policy because a woman posted that she received an email stating she had been banned. She c&p'ed the text and it was exceptionally rude.
That totally sucks.

crl
11-24-2012, 01:33 PM
Wow, I hadn't ever heard of that. And how incredibly annoying. I usually buy ds jeans in multiples as well. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if I had bought five or more at a time from Crazy 8.

Catherine

Melaine
11-24-2012, 01:51 PM
That's outrageous! If they can't enforce it at the time (automatic limit in the cart) then it seems really bad service to retroactively limit. Let's all email them!

vtmom
11-24-2012, 02:09 PM
I never heard of that policy. That's ridiculous! What about people who have twins?! Or triplets!

Globetrotter
11-24-2012, 03:14 PM
:yeahthat: What about multiples?

ITA about needing lots of jeans - dd lives in hers!

I can see them maybe getting suspicious if you bought six of the same holiday dress in the same size but jeans are so generic and used a lot!

belovedgandp
11-25-2012, 01:16 AM
Wow, that is crazy. Especially the part about "life time" - at any point in time over the last six years I've regularly owned 4 identical pairs of jeans for my kids. Do the same with PJs. Six is by no means crazy.

And yes, what about those with multiples? When I consigned a bunch of stuff at a community sale a while back the person checking items asked if I had multiples since I had so many duplicates (and three or four times) of certain items. I just said no, when I find a good deal I go with it.

mom2binsd
11-26-2012, 10:47 AM
When you go on ebay and see the same sellers who are all offering jeans and PJ's in every size in the popular line's you'll see why, although I'm sure those folks create and use additional addresses to get their inventory.

I think if you had multiples that you might be able to call customer service and explain the situation, but who knows.