PDA

View Full Version : National Zoo

sbirmantaz
11-24-2012, 04:39 PM
We are thinking of taking our 9 and 10 year olds to the National Zoo. My FIL lives 2.5 hours from the zoo, so I was thinking we would go down early in the morning stay over 1 night and come back the next day later in the afternoon - or stay one more night. I have only been to DC 1 time and that was before kids. I know there is so much to see and do in that area, but is there anything in particular we should try to see while there - other than the zoo? Thanks!

SnuggleBuggles
11-24-2012, 04:44 PM
My boys aren't at all interested in the Air and Space Museum but it is a favorite of many kids that age.

Our family likes the Natural History Museum better. My favorite is the National Building Museum or the Museum of the American Indian (we love to at least stop in there for a snack of fry bread!). The American History Museum is good too. Truly, there are so many awesome museums and almost all are free! We have paid to go to the International Spy Museum and that was cool but pricey and I think it is better for teens or adults. We just wander around, pop in museums, pop out when we want to move on. It's nice to be able to walk easily between the museums and not feel like you have to get your money's worth.

StantonHyde
11-25-2012, 06:48 PM
Air and Space has always been a must do for our family! The Natural History museum is also awesome. This year, my kids really want to see all the memorials/monuments.