PDA

View Full Version : Calico Critters, Woodzeez, dollhouse stuff?

Melaine
11-25-2012, 11:10 AM
So one of many items on the girls' Christmas list was a dollhouse. They have actually never had one which seems strange. I am again wishing that I had kept that AMAZING Barbie Dreamhouse that I found at Goodwill that time but we would need to add on to our house to keep that one (it was huge)....I digress.

Anyway, yesterday I found a cute little dollhouse my favorite thrift store for $3. Turns out it is this Calico Critters house. (http://www.amazon.com/International-Playthings-CC2085-Calico-Critters/dp/B001RJ7MQI/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1353856013&sr=8-8&keywords=calico+critters+townhouse) Missing a couple of the rails and the lights don't work (maybe change batteries?). But NO furniture and NO animals.

So, this is not their big gift or even secondary gift, this is more like, "ooooh look I found a bonus", but I would like to get one family of animals and some basic furniture. I would love it be cheaper than CC though (although they are adorable). Any ideas on cheap furniture that is the same size? Woodzeez? Any other ideas? I will certainly keep my eyes open for used. And now I am definitely going back to the thrift store in case there are animals I missed. I would love to get them started without spending more than $30.

Seitvonzu
11-25-2012, 04:06 PM
we have tons and tons of calico critters. that house is my child's favorite, beacause of the lights and the stair case :) so fun!

we have some woodzeez stuff and honestly? the scale is a little off-- it's bigger. (we have the general store and the bakery-- which are AWESOME and work well with the calicos just a little less detail, and the school furniture, which is a little big) the animals are DEFINTELY bigger. my daughter loves the baby calico critters best, so not even the normal, fully sized calicos, and the woodzeez are bigger.

you probably need 2 rooms of furniture to fill that whole house (it's kinda small). kitchen and a couch and a bed? maybe? woodzeez furniture might work ok, because even retail price you get 2 rooms (living room/kitchen, 2 bedrooms , etc)

Melaine
11-25-2012, 04:29 PM
Thanks! I can tell the Woodzeez are way bigger but I was thinking their furniture might work. It also looks like the LaLaLoopsy minis might be a nice scale for this house....will have to think about this.

The Woodzeez bakery looks awesome!

candaceb
11-25-2012, 07:45 PM
Keep an eye out at Marshalls/TJMaxx for Calico Critters stuff at this time of year. The sets are usually about $10-12.

Melaine
11-25-2012, 07:54 PM
Keep an eye out at Marshalls/TJMaxx for Calico Critters stuff at this time of year. The sets are usually about $10-12.

That would be great, thanks!

Seitvonzu
11-25-2012, 08:48 PM
the bakery is TOTALLY awesome :) we also sometimes use the building as a ballet studio-- we put the bar/mirror/piano from our calicos in there and they dance away :)

i've also seen the sets at homegoods... if you don't have anything yet, that's a good way to pick up random sets (though i've never seen furniture there?)

Melaine
11-25-2012, 09:08 PM
Ahhhhh the magical Homegoods....we are supposed to get one soon but I have yet to go in one!